PDA

View Full Version : Denford Novamill PDB Belleville washers

Clive S
05-03-2019, 07:14 PM
Does anybody know how the washers are arranged in the power draw bar. For the Novamill

johngoodrich
05-03-2019, 08:31 PM
not sure about the novamill but all the other machines I have replaced them on have had 3 with dome up, 3 with dome down etc

m_c
05-03-2019, 09:14 PM
I'm sure they're just one each way.

Just found the parts diagram, and it's 27 washers, mounted alternating ways, with the bottom one sitting cone up/it's wide face against the bottom of the housing.

Clive S
05-03-2019, 09:51 PM
I'm sure they're just one each way.

Just found the parts diagram, and it's 27 washers, mounted alternating ways, with the bottom one sitting cone up/it's wide face against the bottom of the housing.

Thanks. I thought you would know. I have 30 coming in the post. Then I can test it out.

edit: Also If I remember I put a 4mm thread in the bottom of the draw bar I presume this is to be adjusted for different length of pull studs. Is the adjustment in the manual?

Clive S
06-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Ok Belleville washers fitted. Quick vid + pic. https://photos.app.goo.gl/KvMPgAApyS87yns56 Just have to clean it up now.

Do you have the correct torque settings for the stack of washers. Come to think of it I might have put a finer thread on the draw bar:witless:

m_c
06-03-2019, 08:29 PM
There's nothing in the manual about adjustment that I can remember. Probably worth having a search over on the Denford forum, or even asking.

I'd guess it'll be a case of adjusting the stack up until the tool doesn't release, then back it of a bit. It's not like you need a huge amount of retention power given the spindle motor fitted to a Novamill.

Clive S
06-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Thanks, I will do a bit more research