PDA

View Full Version : X7 Here and in Position

magicniner
08-03-2019, 09:31 AM

I only just managed to complete the required building work and insulation prior to it's arrival, now I just have to get the cable trays in and the workshop wiring upgraded to and then I can power it up :D

George of Emvio Engineering dealt with absolutely everything up to the delivery to my chosen location in the UK, I can't recommend him highly enough, from my point of view it was a very smooth, hassle free and worry free process.

m_c
09-03-2019, 12:29 AM
We need more pics!

However I notice you've pretty much went all out on the spec and accessories.

magicniner
09-03-2019, 03:03 PM
One from the front

m_c
09-03-2019, 11:53 PM
You won't miss that 4th axis, will you? :-)

PS. it doesn't happen to take 30/60degree BT30 pull studs does it?
I may know some idiot who just ordered 20 of them without checking they were the correct ones for their own machine :stupid:

magicniner
10-03-2019, 12:21 AM
You won't miss that 4th axis, will you? :-)

Hmm, I kinda might, especially as it's permanently wired, I think I'd spot the ragged end of the cables! ;-)
The plan is to hang it from a hoist above the machine whilst machining arrays of parts when it's not in use.

PS. it doesn't happen to take 30/60degree BT30 pull studs does it?

Sadly not, it's the 45 degree.

This is a view in through the left side door -

m_c
10-03-2019, 12:55 AM
I wouldn't be that crude, I'd tape the wires up for you. :-)

It does look like a good machine, and probably about the ideal size I'd like for some light production work, but my Triac ticks the boxes I need for now.
If I'm ever down your way, I might have to visit and see how it is in the flesh.

Lee Roberts
10-03-2019, 02:14 AM
Looks really good, cant waiting to see it running !

magicniner
10-03-2019, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't be that crude, I'd tape the wires up for you. :-)

It does look like a good machine, and probably about the ideal size I'd like for some light production work, but my Triac ticks the boxes I need for now.
If I'm ever down your way, I might have to visit and see how it is in the flesh.

I did think about making the 4th detachable but the hoist is simpler and relatively risk free.
You're most welcome to call in for a tour if you're ever passing.
These are some pics George shared of the X7 castings at the factory -

Looks really good, cant waiting to see it running !

Me neither, but it's been agreed that I'm tiling the shower and fitting a new enclosure this weekend :D

Lee Roberts
10-03-2019, 04:05 PM
Me neither, but it's been agreed that I'm tiling the shower and fitting a new enclosure this weekend :D

Always the way, the things we do for love ;-)

magicniner
27-03-2019, 01:56 PM
I've been very methodical and worked through all the steps required to properly commission the Syil X7, this week finally got around to cutting some chips.
This video shows a bit of the machining of the 80mm square pocket in a 316L Stainless plate -

https://youtu.be/SvzSgXN-YW4

https://youtu.be/SvzSgXN-YW4

The noise levels were very reasonable and standing outside my workshop it was hardly noticeable above background noise, I'm sure there is plenty of spare power and rigidity but I'll creep up on that as I do more cuts.

I programmed the pocket 80.2mm square for my 80mm square tombstone offcut, the offcut seated firmly with a few blows from a soft faced hammer and now my Gerardi tombstone has a Mini Me ;-)