PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello all.

Phatfcuk
02-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Hello everyone.
Just thought I'd drop by and say hello and bore you with my ideas!

I have a small shed / workshop which I do various bits and pieces from, always for myself, I guess because I just like doing it! I enjoy metal work, wood work, electronics and computers and power tools and the likes, but have got it in my mind that an 'inexpensive' CNC machine is what I fancy building now. I've never done anything like this at all, but have a small homemade engraving pantograph project build on the go, which I'm thinking is OK, but not quite what I want.

So I am looking for any help in such a project, bearing in mind I want to do it with as little cost and as simple as possible.

Kind regards.

Smiler
02-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Hello everyone.
Just thought I'd drop by and say hello and bore you with my ideas!

I have a small shed / workshop which I do various bits and pieces from, always for myself, I guess because I just like doing it! I enjoy metal work, wood work, electronics and computers and power tools and the likes, but have got it in my mind that an 'inexpensive' CNC machine is what I fancy building now. I've never done anything like this at all, but have a small homemade engraving pantograph project build on the go, which I'm thinking is OK, but not quite what I want.

So I am looking for any help in such a project, bearing in mind I want to do it with as little cost and as simple as possible.

Kind regards.

Inexpensive and CNC should NEVER be used in the same sentence!

Got a design in mind so we can pull it to bits?

Router, Mill, Lathe, Plasma, Laser?

We'll help all we can once we know what you want to build :)
Welcome to MYCNCUK BTW:yahoo:

Jeff