PDA

View Full Version : Linear rails

Crunch
31-05-2019, 07:23 AM
Hi
I'm building Cnc router
Just sorting out linear rail and carriages, I've been talking with Fred
from BSTmotion from Aliexpress as recommend from here.

Are the Hiwin rails and carriages worth the extra money compared to
Fred's economy rails and carriages.

Any opinions from anyone that have used both .

Regards Paul

AndyUK
31-05-2019, 08:22 AM
The rails I got from Fred were Hiwin (or at least, someone went to an aweful lot of effort to replicate them exactly!) - does he offer a economy version as well?

Crunch
31-05-2019, 08:32 AM
Hi Andy
Yes he offers both.

Hi win are around double the price.
Don't mind paying if they make the difference.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

AndyUK
31-05-2019, 09:18 AM
Thats worth knowing!

Will be quite hard to say if they're worth it or not without a specs sheet to compare - so I'd ask Fred for it - if they don't have a specs sheet that would tell me everything I needed to know ;)

I think its previously been discussed on here - I think the implication was that the lower quality versions are likely to work fine, but have a significantly reduced lifespan.

Crunch
31-05-2019, 09:25 AM
Fred had said you can't really compare
As they are twice the price.
Based on feed back Fred did say .
Hi win 10/10
Enconomy 7or 8 /10.

That is why I asked if some one had used both types.

Kitwn
03-06-2019, 11:23 AM
Fingers crossed you are satisfied with the end result. Obviously there are plenty of people here who will be glad to hear your opinion of the rails when they arrive.

cropwell
03-06-2019, 04:58 PM
Maybe, for the purposes of a comparison study, you should fit each axis with one of each:glee:

driftspin
03-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Hi ,

would someone be able to compare supported round rail SBR type with economy square type?

Given they are both the generic quality.

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

Crunch
03-06-2019, 07:21 PM
Fingers crossed you are satisfied with the end result. Obviously there are plenty of people here who will be glad to hear your opinion of the rails when they arrive.Hi
The problem is which ever rail I go for will be the only reference I have so won't be able to compare.
I think due to the money you invest into building these machines it's hard to sacrifice getting the best results possible
by using the economy rails.
So my personal decision is to buy Hi win rails.

Nealieboyee
11-06-2019, 10:58 PM
I have the economy version from Fred. Has worked great for me for about 4 months. No problems so far.