PDA

View Full Version : asks for help to install stepper motor

ali hedi
05-10-2009, 05:06 PM
hi gary asks for help to install stepper motor
voila all the schema with light green driver

Gary
05-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Do you have holding torque? (Motor shaft is stiff and cant be turned)

hi gary asks for help to install stepper motor
voila all the schema with light green driver

ali hedi
05-10-2009, 06:42 PM
hello Gary
Yes the drive shaft is blocked I can not even turn by hand
the engine makes noises and not running

[email protected]

Gary
05-10-2009, 07:12 PM
I suspect that you are not getting a clock pulse from your parallel port.
Can you put a 5V on the clock + on the driver, you can use some small batteries in series.
Pulse it between the Pul+ and Pul- and if the motor steps, you know that you are not getting a pulse from your parallel port.
Are you using a laptop or desktop?

ali hedi
05-10-2009, 07:39 PM
I fail to understand I think I have the perfect facility for your pattern (see photos)
and the computer I bought a new desktop computer with win xp
and to map the parallel small red light it not light

[email protected]

tribbles
06-10-2009, 12:37 AM
I think Gary wants you to manually control the step lines to see if, when you connect it to +5V, the motor tries to move, or whether it doesn't move.

The controller you've got looks like it has the pump charge circuit on it - this means the computer must provide a constantly varying signal on the STROBE pin (pin 1) of the parallel port. This can normally only be done if you are running CNC software that is capable of driving it - and you've enabled it in the software.

However, having said that, it may only just drive the enable output on the parallel port interface (which would then be connected to your drivers).

The pump charge tries to prevent the motors from being moved during startup/shutdown of the computer. Manually wiggling the clock line will definitely override it.

audioandy
06-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Hi Ali

Have you supplied power to your break out board? I have just looked on Gary's site and the documentation for the BOB shows that an external power supply should be connected and unless I'm looking at the wrong one I cannot see any wires going to the power terminals.

Gary
06-10-2009, 10:24 AM
you dont need to put an external 5V onto the BOB, you can just send the clock and direction from the bob to the driver, and as long as the clock and direction is close to the 5V, it will be fine.

All i need to know is if the clock and direction is coming from the PC and is high enough for the optos to operate.

Use 3 AA type (1.5V) batteries in series to get 4.5V and connect the negative end to the Pul- and tap the positive end on the pul +.
This will cause the motor to step one increment and while you may not see it moving, you will hear it.
You can also put some tape on the motor shaft so you can see the motion.

Gary
06-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Good point, but if the charge pump is stopping the motion, the red light on the driver will be on.

The charge pump is connected to the enable of the driver and if you get a positive signal on the enable you will get no torque on the shaft and the red light goes on.

I think Gary wants you to manually control the step lines to see if, when you connect it to +5V, the motor tries to move, or whether it doesn't move.

The controller you've got looks like it has the pump charge circuit on it - this means the computer must provide a constantly varying signal on the STROBE pin (pin 1) of the parallel port. This can normally only be done if you are running CNC software that is capable of driving it - and you've enabled it in the software.

However, having said that, it may only just drive the enable output on the parallel port interface (which would then be connected to your drivers).

The pump charge tries to prevent the motors from being moved during startup/shutdown of the computer. Manually wiggling the clock line will definitely override it.

ali hedi
06-10-2009, 09:08 PM
thank you for
Gary - audioandy - Tribbles
Finally I turned the engine problem is my parallel cable
Now I'm starting a production of my 1rst cnc machine:yahoo:
[email protected]

Gary
06-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Good, happy cutting.

ali hedi
06-10-2009, 09:23 PM