PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid stepper wiring

gregors
24-03-2020, 06:06 PM
I have some hybrid steppers not used them before and I'm struggling to get them to do anything,they have power and lock just don't respond to mach3, I presume I don't need the enable line
I must be doing something wrong with the C's labs control or wired incorrect

Any help once again would be great

I do have the input switchs working for probe,home,end stops etc and the output to switch a relay etc

Thanks

JAZZCNC
24-03-2020, 08:25 PM
Have you selected the "Enabled" (green tick) in mach3 ports n pins - motor Outputs.? This is all you need to do in Motor Outputs, forget the Step/Dir and Port pin numbers etc they are not used, (except the active high if need to change the step edge which can get into later if needed )

That's all you need to do for the motors to work. Then you just set the steps per and tune the velocity etc in motor tuning.

Also, watch those straggling wires, if they short you'll blow the drives.!

gregors
24-03-2020, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=
Also, watch those straggling wires, if they short you'll blow the drives.![/QUOTE] i knew that would be brought up :) i will sort them was just a quick bench test

i watched your you tube of of the motor and port settings,i have the green tick, carnt remember the rest im at work atm
will check the rest once home, i thought this would be easier than it is with the ports and pins being out the door

thanks

JAZZCNC
24-03-2020, 09:02 PM
i knew that would be brought up :) i will sort them was just a quick bench test

Ye but they blow up just as quick on the bench as they do in the control box.!!. . Only takes 1 strand to release the magic smoke..:stupid:

Like I say for the motors you only need to enable each Axis in Motor Outputs all the rest you can ignore.

gregors
25-03-2020, 01:21 PM
seems like channel 0 has gone down, as they work on others :(

JAZZCNC
25-03-2020, 03:50 PM
seems like channel 0 has gone down, as they work on others :(

I've had things like this happen before. Try reinstalling Mach3 and the Plug-in with a fresh install ie: Delete the old first and Don't install the parallel port driver when installing mach3.

If still does it then I'd say yes could possibly be faulty but I'd be very surprised. I've fitted Dozens now and never had a faulty unit, I've killed a couple but that was my fault.!

gregors
25-03-2020, 07:49 PM
i will try that as its had a few other plugins installed
thanks

cncwoodprojects
12-12-2020, 03:48 PM
Hi and first thanks for your help :)

I have 4 drivers like this too, the enable pins aren't necessary?

In my last setup with arduino i used this connection:

And worked fine.

With CSMIO and this drivers what recommendation are the better, doesn't use enable pins or this one i take from csmio web:

Thanks for your time :)