PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hi From Oxfordshire

Vic66
06-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Hello all

Been lurking for a while and thought I'd better show my ugly mug :whistling:

Built a Rockliffe ish router early part of this year and got the bug, currently designing my own router along similar lines to Joes Hybrid but trying to use parts that we have kicking about at work, very much a beginner at cnc.

Vic :beer:

audioandy
06-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Hi Vic

Welcome to the forum :beer:

Lets see some photo's then :whistling:

Vic66
06-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi Andy

Me or the machine? :naughty:

Still messing about with it in CAD at the mo, don't expect to start it till the new year, not got a lot of cash so it's being built around what I can find, most times I look at it I change something, changing the gantry sides at the mo, should have a cutting area around 1250mm x 700mm hopefully.

Using V bearings and 20mm steel angle for Linear motion, got a brand new 1360mm long 16mm diameter ballscrew and nut for 20 quid !! they were going to throw it out at work !! also got the V Bearings from work, the rest is ally box section and angle, again from work, not pinching by the way, buying it through our stores.

audioandy
06-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi Vic

Yes I did mean the machine but don't be shy!

Looks good.

Sounds like your company is the same as mine, I built 90% of my machine with stuff going to the skip which had had very little use.

Anyway Vic when your ready start a build log it's always interesting to see how people progress.

Andy

Lee Roberts
11-11-2009, 02:27 AM
Hi Vic, looking forward to seeing you start the build mate :wave: