PDA

View Full Version : rdgtools expanding reamer

mekanik
13-10-2020, 12:44 PM
Hi Guys
Has anyone purchased an expanding reamer from rgdtools, if so i am looking for feedback on the quality accuracy of same.
Don't know why i did it but i purchased a cheap and very nasty item from ebay and it's not fit for purpose so need something a lot better.
rgdtools item looks reasonable quality but you don't know what you are going to be sent.
https://www.rdgtools.co.uk/acatalog/ADJUSTABLE-REAMER--RANGE-1.-3-16----1.-11-32---H13-HIGH-SPEED-BLADES-67966700.html
Regards
Mike

m_c
13-10-2020, 05:18 PM
I've had a couple of their smaller ones. They're ok. Certainly not high quality, but they done the jobs I needed them to do.

Voicecoil
13-10-2020, 07:56 PM
What size hole are you looking to do Mike? I have a few of these in different sizes, you'd be welcome to borrow them being just ont' other side of the big hill.

mekanik
14-10-2020, 12:01 AM
Hi Trevor
34mm - it's for my Trek Pilot, removed the headset(way to tight) and when i checked it with inside calipers it was oval, so only need's a tickle(aluminum)

Voicecoil
14-10-2020, 02:22 PM
Hi Trevor
34mm - it's for my Trek Pilot, removed the headset(way to tight) and when i checked it with inside calipers it was oval, so only need's a tickle(aluminum)

Just checked the ones I have and none go quite that big - sorry!
Trevor

mekanik
14-10-2020, 07:33 PM
No worries Trevor
I have shifted to plan B/C - B make a mandrel and hand scrape. Have been trying to tidy the shed and came across my delapena hone, when i cleaned the surface rust off it, it has a range of 30mm to 36mm so that's plan C
Regards
Mike