PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: i'll be around a lot from now on so get used to it

Dan Brown
16-11-2009, 03:32 PM
hello,
I got myself interested in cnc because i've a few things i need routing out as patterns for moulds to be cast from iron for a prodject i'm in the midst of.

The problem was is that it soon became apparent that i would be saving myself a few quid and also be leaving myself in a much better situation if i bought my own softtware, hardware and built myself my own machine

plus the more i've looked into these machines the more i've become obsessed with them to the point that i dont think my life would be worth living if i don't build myself one

so thats the plan anyway

Dan Brown

p.s i'm on a few forums for my other lines of work but the amount of smilies i can choose from below that seem too refer to insanity/crazy/too-much-time-in-a-room-on-yer-own/rollercoaster-head on this one certainly says something

Kn8
16-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Hello Dan, welcome :beer:

Ivan

audioandy
16-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi Dan

Welcome to the complete madness and addiction of home built CNC! :beer:

Andy

Lee Roberts
20-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I smell a rat!

or is that you andy ?

Welcome Mr Brown.

Dan Brown
20-11-2009, 10:50 AM
que?? you wot??

Smiler
20-11-2009, 04:05 PM
hello,
The problem was is that it soon became apparent that i would be saving myself a few quid and also be leaving myself in a much better situation if i bought my own softtware, hardware and built myself my own machine

Get ready for terminal skintness.

plus the more i've looked into these machines the more i've become obsessed with them to the point that i dont think my life would be worth living if i don't build myself one

so thats the plan anyway

Totally agree with that, best thing I've ever done.

Welcome to the forum. Don't forget LOTS OF PICS

Hands up everyone who thinks Lee's avatar looks faintly deviant? :twisted:

Jeff.