PDA

View Full Version : Huanyang with axbb vie Mach 3 only work at 1 speed.

Paul001
01-09-2021, 05:32 PM
Hello, i have problem with huanyang VFD. It only turn at 1 speed via MACH 3 at same time cant change speed and software show 0 RPM even its turner on.
I use AXBB controller. Google solutions almost 2 days but havnt find anything works or i cant get what is a problem.
Set jumper to left (VI)
Set PD001 - 1
PD002 - 1
and other like youtuber 702marine, turning on with PD001/2 set to 0. Can control spindle speed via VFD.
Add pic how i connected it.
DCM (green) > 24V0
ACM (red) > 5V0
VI > AO1
REV (black/red) > O7
FOR (red) > O8
Guess i wire something wrong read that need 10V0 but cant find where to find it. And i know i need replay, but now just bench testing if everything works so guess its ok.
Will be grate if some one can explain to me what i doing wrong, its my first CNC machine and its really steep learning curve from setting everything up.
Ps. Steeper motors working fine. slave A to Y working synchro nicely.

JAZZCNC
01-09-2021, 08:54 PM
You are using the wrong 5V-0 you want the 5V-0 power out not 5V-0 Input.

Connect ACM to 5V-0 (power out) and A01 to V1

Also, if you are using a water-cooled spindle with ER collets then you shouldn't really be using the REV as you will loosen the collet nut if run it in reverse.

I would also use a separate 2PST relay for starting and stopping the spindle, can also use the same relay to control the water pump.

To control the relay just run 24v+ to the relay A1(+) coil terminal, then run OUTPUT (02) to the A2(-). This will turn the relay on/off.
Then connect DCM to Contact #1 Com and FOR the other side of the contact.
Put water pump power thru the other Relay contact.

dazp1976
01-09-2021, 11:54 PM
As said. 5VO from power out (next to 24v power in) then the rest according to JAZZ.
This will likely give you 0-5v speed output if the board is in stock form.

If you need it to be 0-10v for speed control instead:

In the manual.
Pages 21 & 27.
There is apparently a jumper on the board marked J1.
This changes the voltage range between 0-5v or 0-10v depending on the jumper position.
Looks like you have to take the case off the AXBB-E and change it.

There are some drives out there that still only run 0-5v analog, so this controller is built to accomodate these as well as the newer 0-10v drives.
(Increases saleability for the older boys I guess).

Kitwn
02-09-2021, 06:17 AM
I use a relay for the spindle star/stop but I just leave the water pump running all the time the VFD is turned on and use the other relay contact for start/stop of the dust extractor. Just an option for you to consider.

Kit

Paul001
02-09-2021, 08:03 AM
Thnx for help but still same thing. Wire 5V0 from input to output near near AO1, but still same ting. Can tur spindle on and of, but cant control RPM and dont show it on MACH3. But i get "Units/Rev -1.#J" than i turn spinal on (add pic asd5). And add settings maybe something are wrong with them.
My spindle are air cooled so no worry's about water pump. VDF are Huanyang HY01D523B and it have setting PD070 (Analog Input) ("0:0-10V 1:0-5V 2:0-20mA 3:4-20mA 4:0-10V,stacked,4-20mA Exterior pulse of input"). So PD070 > 1 but still same thing.
Looks like do everything right but still no wanted result :/
Edit had been tik SRO or something in plugin settings and it make -1.#J to show. Now its normal "0"

routercnc
02-09-2021, 11:09 AM
If you disconnect the wires from A01 and 5V0, then measure the output between those terminals on the AXBB unit with a volt meter what happens? Typing different S values into the MDI window such as S500 S10000 S24000 should show different voltages which relate to the speed requested. If this is not working it must be the software configuration?
I think this needs to be right first then you know that is working and you just need to connect to the VFD.

Paul001
02-09-2021, 11:19 AM
Thnx for advice, will try in next hour. Doing windows reinstall, maybe its MACH3 problem. Then wires are connected to V1 and 5V0 get to 0.1 mV and than spindle turn on get up to 5.0 mV. Had open AXBB and if jumper are on its 10V. So looks like need set PD070 > 0 .
And had find on this forum https://en.industryarena.com/forum/axbb-e-with-huanyang-vfd--410222.html that connected to input 5V0 and it works for him.

Paul001
02-09-2021, 02:21 PM
Ok its same thing after unplug A01 and 5V it show 0.1 mV then its of and 5.0 mV than turn on with any Sxxxx speed. Then imputing speed in MACH3 it instantly jump to it and drop down to 0, then i press start button in software spindle start spin but only on low RPM and VFD show 133.33 and going down and up in software do nothing. Guess need some where set what pin use to output speed?
Edit.: Ad pic of monitor of AXBB and looks like it knows that spindle are running 133.33 or 31% of 400 Mhz. So guess i missing something on MACH3 or what?

dazp1976
02-09-2021, 04:45 PM
Ok its same thing after unplug A01 and 5V it show 0.1 mV then its of and 5.0 mV than turn on with any Sxxxx speed. Then imputing speed in MACH3 it instantly jump to it and drop down to 0, then i press start button in software spindle start spin but only on low RPM and VFD show 133.33 and going down and up in software do nothing. Guess need some where set what pin use to output speed?
Edit.: Ad pic of monitor of AXBB and looks like it knows that spindle are running 133.33 or 31% of 400 Mhz. So guess i missing something on MACH3 or what?

Check Analog is assigned to pwm in the plugin.
Got this off cncdrive forum:

"You can configure the spindle PWM and then on the AXBB-E Mach3 plugin page, in mach3 in the plugins menu you can attach the analog output to the spindle PWM, then the analog output will be proportional to the spindle PWM".

https://www.forum.cncdrive.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2794
http://cncdrive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2068

Paul001
03-09-2021, 07:47 AM
Thnx everyone for help, looks can control rpm from MACH3 but do not display RPM on software. After changing it jump to that rpm and drop to 0, but VFD accept changes. Looks like first need check "Spindle" box in plugins. Than go to second scream MDI(Alt-2) and input speed Sxxxx after that can get up and down from that value. But at same time can turn on spindle at S0 and get on at 133.33 Mhz (8000 rpm) but can control RPM, looks like because 0*X still are 0.