PDA

View Full Version : popendent 1 versus pokeys55T

Andre
16-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Hello everyeone,
I need some help wiring my popendent1 (ISMM1468 Series) from polabs to a pokeys55T
and later to mach 3.
Has anyone of you have already done something like that and is willing to share the information with me.
Because I am a total beginner in electronic if possible to say which wire to which port and how to configure them.
Iff possible pictures.

I hope you know more about it than me.
Thanks ,
Andre
ps; Sorry I posted this in the wrong place.

irving2008
17-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Andre,

No,you posted in right place..

Do you have manuals and/or wiring diagrams for the items you mention? Most systems are very similar but it is unlikely you will find someone who has exactly your setup. If you can scan and post wiring diagrams I'm sure the collective experience will be able to advise you...

Andre
17-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks Irving,
I will see for the diagrams and post them.
Kind regards ,
Andre

Andre
17-12-2009, 03:53 PM
This is what the description of the pokey55T indicates;

PoKeys55 is an easy-to-use USB device that combines standard keyboard and joystick simulation, and do not requires complex programming knowledge. Pokeys55 provides 55 digital I/O (5V tolerant), 5 analog inputs (10-bit) and 1 analog output (10-bit). All the I/O are controlled by the provided software which allows either to use the graphical user interface or advanced console type interface. The settings can be stored on the device, so no special software is needed on target system. PoKeys55 can be used as industrial or CNC control, custom joystick or keyboard or data acquisition board. PoKeys is available with (PoKeys55-T) or without screw terminals.

Can I just connect all the wires and then assign a function for each of them.
I include a picture of the wire diagram for the pendent

irving2008
17-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Andre,

I moved this thread to a better place...

In answer to your question, you can connect all wires directly from the IMS pendant to the PoKeys55 as any pin can be configured for any purpose, including the rotary encoder A/B lines (as long as your Pokeys55 is version 1.7 or later). However I would avoid Pokeys pins 43 - 47 as these can be configured for analogue input/output as well and it would be silly to tie these up for the pendant.

The only area I cant be sure about is the pendant indicator light (IMS wires 5 and 6) as this is intended to work on 24v, and the Pokeys55 only outputs 3.3volt. If you want to drive the indicator light you will need some additional components.

Gary at Zapp may be able to advise better on this as he sells the IMS pendant.

Links to data sheets:
PoKeys55 User Manual (http://po.labs.googlepages.com/PoKeys55.pdf)
IMS pendant (http://www.slidesandballscrews.com/pdf/ISMM2080-ISMM1468%20Range.jpg) (on Zapp site)

Andre
17-12-2009, 05:41 PM
will it work without the indicator light?
if so then maybe I can work without the light and I don't need 24 volts.

irving2008
17-12-2009, 06:30 PM
yes, the light is not connected to anything else...

Andre
17-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks Irving,
Then we will probably connect the pendent without light.
Kind regards Andre