Hello all
Our home built motorbike engine is running well now see it on youtube
under dohctriple.avi or search home made rocket engine george pooley

let me know what you think
cheers all and
merry christmas

bambuko
17-12-2009, 09:35 PM
I think that I am having difficulty finding it ...
Why not provide a :link: ?
Unless it is meant to be the test (of our ability to search www) :smile:

Peter Griffin
17-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Can't find it either

irving2008
17-12-2009, 09:48 PM
well wasnt easy but I found it....

YouTube- dohctriple.avi

thus proving it wasnt a spam post as reported by several... due to the fact this has been posted, without the link, on just about every engineering site..:heehee:

BillTodd
17-12-2009, 10:36 PM
thus proving it wasnt a spam post as reported by several... due to the fact this has been posted, without the link, on just about every engineering site..

Yes Sorry Phil, it looked like spam to me :)

irving2008
17-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Yes Sorry Phil, it looked like spam to me :)You weren't the only one Bill...

I think a lot of people thought that because the search terms given dont work on youtube... the only way I found it was to use "+george +pooley" as anything else either returned nothing or too many hits to search...

Philmollatt
18-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Sorry about the link wouldnt work first time so gave up, busy with christmas and kids etc.

pavlo
19-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Sounds to me like there may be some problems with the valve timing. The odd puff of smoke out of the carb would suggest this too.

Philmollatt
21-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Cheers for the reply pavlo, the engine is originally a 750 triumph triple with pushrods & rockers, weve rebuilt the top end and put on overhead cam boxes we made from scratch using cam shafts from a japanese engine. we will be experimenting with cam forms as well as timing in the new year, this was the first run of the engine, it has since been test ridden round cadwell by our test rider at race speeds (also on youtube),but the electronic ignition timing couldnt keep up above about 12 to 13 000 rpm as its only designed for about 8000. we have an electronic ignition being designed to cope with it. The engine is really only a test bed for the ohc system which will be fitted to a v6 we are building based on a rocket3 engine block and two sets of 750 barrells, more info will be available when the web site is ready at www.ukrocketengines.co.uk (http://www.ukrocketengines.co.uk) currently under construction, or google george pooley all the bikes and ideas come from him.
cheers
phil