PDA

View Full Version : No Jogging in Y+

alboy
30-09-2022, 07:41 PM
Hi all,
An odd problem here, Had a problem with the Y+ limit switch failing on my 1325 cnc router and with the switch permanently activated I couldn't jog in the Y+ position, fair enough i thought, I replaced the proximity switch with an operational one but the problem of not being able to jog in the Y+ direction still exists/ Odd thing is that if I choose continual jog nothing at all happens but if I select step mode, I can jog ok in whatever increment is set .Bit of an oddball this one!!

If I load and run Gcode, machine runs ok with expected movement in all axis, it seems to be only when continuous jogging is enabled that the problem exists.
I notice that the flashing led on the controller STAT0 changes to a solid STAT1 when jogging in all axis except for the Y+ where the led status does not change.

Machine type 1325 8x4 Chinese router with CS-labs csmio-ips, R&P on x and y axis with additional slave drive on Y, ballscrew on z axis. Stepper motors all round, 3.3kw w/c spindle. MACH3 control software.
Any ideas welcome.

alboy
01-10-2022, 01:36 PM
Edited original post to say that it jogs ok in step mode but not continuous.

alboy
01-10-2022, 03:57 PM
Well mystery solved.....

The new proximity sensor was faulty!! It appeared to be working fine but was intermittently causing an active state, luckily enough I have a few sensors in the spares cupboard. New sensor fitted and all good.

Lee Roberts
01-10-2022, 04:20 PM
Well mystery solved.....

The new proximity sensor was faulty!! It appeared to be working fine but was intermittently causing an active state, luckily enough I have a few sensors in the spares cupboard. New sensor fitted and all good.

Pleased you have now got this sorted out :)