PDA

View Full Version : Denford V4 microrouter leadscrew pitch to configure linuxcnc

jolyonjenkins
13-10-2022, 07:24 PM
Hi
I have a new (old ) V4 microrouter and I'm trying to configure linuxcnc to run it. But I don't know the leadscrew pitch, and I can't find anything on the Denford forum. (And I've asked there but had no replies). Does anyone here know?

Lee Roberts
16-10-2022, 08:04 PM
I don't but I'm sure someone will come along who dose...

Can you not measure it to get an idea ?

Just found this from Andy Con on another thread, he mentions 3mm here for the pitch, I've sent him an email asking him to come and confirm for us :), for now you could try 3mm then :)

with the help of a friend the v4 board is now connected and motor is spinning
motors are 200 steps / revDirect drive, no gearing.Lea
dscrew is 3mm pitch (1 rotation moves 3mm) waiting to get exact pitch from denford forum
Microstepping is 1/10 (stepper drivers are set to 10)
so:No. of steps per mm is = 200 * 10 * (1/3) = 667

Any ideas @andy_con ?

andy_con
16-10-2022, 08:29 PM
Can't remember sorry, not got the microrouter anymore.

Temporary fix some digital calipers to the x and use them to calibrate movement.

jolyonjenkins
17-10-2022, 11:28 AM
Can't remember sorry, not got the microrouter anymore.

Temporary fix some digital calipers to the x and use them to calibrate movement.

Yes what I'm doing now is cutting a 15cm square and then using digital calipers to measure the x and y (luckily they are the same) and using this to calculate a value. I'm getting pretty close, I think

andy_con
17-10-2022, 11:45 AM
Pretty sure from memory I had to do this when I was setting the microrouter up as the info I found didn't seem to match