PDA

View Full Version : wiring up my motors

Dan Brown
05-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Hello, i'm just playing about with one of those cheap tb6560 4 axis driver boards from china,

nothings gone pop yet wich is good but also nothing is happening apart from buzzing from the motors

i was hoping one of you could give me your opinion on how these should be wired

the axis conections on the board are marked> a+ a- b+ b-

heres the diagram for the motors1356

i was trying to wire them up bi-polar parallel

cheers for any thoughts

irving2008
05-01-2010, 11:17 PM
well if you followed the colour codings correctly then they should work.

The next thing is are the motors locked...i.e. you cant turn the spindle.. if thats so then the motors are powered so the problem is its not getting step commands...

What power supply and current settings are you using?

Dan Brown
05-01-2010, 11:44 PM
so then would i wire the blk and the org/wht to a+ and the blk/wht and org to a-??

and no i can't turn the spindles

i have just realized my port address may not be normal as it is an expansion card.
now i've just got to try and work out how to find my ports real address?????

irving2008
06-01-2010, 12:02 AM
so then would i wire the blk and the org/wht to a+ and the blk/wht and org to a-??

and no i can't turn the spindles

i have just realized my port address may not be normal as it is an expansion card.
now i've just got to try and work out how to find my ports real address?????Yes as per diagram 2 on the data sheet... its a little counterintuitive to wire a solid colour and a stripe together but its correct - i have the same motors... But if the motor spindle is locked then thats a good sign! it means at least one phase is powered...