PDA

View Full Version : Model Engineering Exhibition, Alexandra Palace

irving2008
23-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Just back from the show, picked up a few bits n pieces (e.g. set of metric transfer punches), some ali and steel round stock (can haggle on price and save on the postage), a work light (secondhand, cheap) and scored another success on a rummage stall - #2 and #3 16DP gear cutters (thats good for 35 - 134 teeth) for my big lathe, so now (once i have finished my 4th axis), I'll be able to cut the bigger gears. The two cutters were £1 the pair!

Peter Griffin
23-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Still deciding whether to go or not, went two years ago and didn't think much of it.

irving2008
23-01-2010, 08:37 PM
well its 15min drive for me, got there early so no trouble parking, was there about 4h. Was pretty much to formula. If it meant a 3h drive i probably wouldnt bother, but i wanted some stuff anyway that i would have ordered online and had to pay postage on so I reckon it saved me £15-20 in postal charges, plus the stock I got was smaller pieces that you can't always order online. And one thing about renovating old machinery is you need the rummage stalls....

Peter Griffin
23-01-2010, 08:45 PM
A good hour and abit drive for me. Last time I was there I got round it in less than two hours and was really disappointed.:thumbdown: