PDA

View Full Version : UK Supplier of Cutting tools

Ccrewz
02-02-2010, 04:27 PM
As a newbie:eek: to CNC Routing I have to start buying routing bits and as you more experienced people will know it is hard going knowing where to find them at a reasonable price and what sort I should be looking for to begin with. I know that you won't be able to tell me difinitively what I should start with however if I wanted to just start with some generaly routing of MDF, wood, and light metal routing can anoyone suggest a good inexpensive supplier who is willing to be helful to a newbie when he rings/emails with a vague request?
Lets face it folks we all started with no knowledge and someone had to help you when you first started getting cutting tools.
Thanks, :smile:

ptjw7uk
02-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Personally as not very knowledgeable in CNC I have gone down the road of buying the odd one of ebay as I feel it is not worth while investing in the best quality as I will only ruin it.
I am sure a supplier will accomodate you but for one off's it is not in their interest, try Arc-euro they have plenty to satisfy the need to experiment.
When settled on some real extended use then get the better quality it will pay off.

peter

Ccrewz
02-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks Peter, that is just the sort on info I was hoping for. Anyone else got any info?

pavlo
02-02-2010, 10:57 PM
I have bought a few end mills from a company called Cutwel Tools. They seem very helpful and friendly, not to mention, very cheap too

Robin Hewitt
03-02-2010, 11:32 AM
If you want a good selection, http://www.drill-service.co.uk/ could be worth a look.

Click on 'Routers' in the blue box at the top of the page :smile: