PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello i have just joined up

ieezitin
25-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Hello peoples.
I am Anthony. I live here in Maryland USA but originally from South east London, I have been in the States now for 20 years.

I have been machining and welding all my life and I am currently a pipe welder for a oil refinery. I own a farm of ten acres coupled with being a part time mechanical inventor.

I have joined because all my machining life has been spent around manual machines and now its time to go to CNC.

The farm here brings in a little cash and now I am thinking about my retirement and my workshop is going to be an addition for me to make more money.

I currently make hand tooling for the welding / boiler making trades and wish to expand into other areas also. I have volumes of drawings of my designs for tooling and machines and cnc really is the only way for me to go if they are going to get off paper and be born into the real world..

My knowledge on CNC machines and the programming and software is zero, so I am a complete newbie . In the next 6 months or sooner I will be purchasing my first CNC mill so rest assured I will be calling on all for advice.

Anyways, its nice to be here and thank you for letting me join. All the best. Anthony.

BillTodd
25-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Hi Anthony,

Welcome

Lee Roberts
06-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Welcome mate :wave:

wizer
06-03-2010, 11:30 PM
As a noob myself, I generally find that it can take a few weeks of reading random posts on forums to get the terminology, etc. Once that mist clears, you start to form a picture of what you need and are better placed to ask questions.

You would have been local to me if you'd stayed in blighty :D