PDA

View Full Version : Cnc Code Maker - 2D CAD/CAM

CncCodeMaker
03-03-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm pleased to announce the (pre)release of "Cnc Code Maker", a small, simple and FREE 2D CAD/CAM software. It's made with a user-friendly way to be easy to use and understand. It's not as powerful as commercial CAD/CAM programs, but used as a tool when manually creating CNC programs it will be very handy.

http://cncsimple.com/images/screenshots/me_gen2.png

It is at the moment in beta stage and the website is somewhat rough.

Read more about it here: http://www.cncsimple.com

Swarfing
04-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Congrats on the new release and all the best for the future developments. What flavour does it come in? Winbimbos or the proper platform Linux?

CncCodeMaker
04-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Windoze unfortunatly, but if people nag hard enough I could probably give a shot at trying tpo port it. It is after all written in Delphi, and should be possible to compile it in Kylix (never tried it :smile:)

Swarfing
04-03-2010, 12:18 AM
If you can build a Deb package that would be great, i will have a go at running it in Vitualbox on XP (linux looking after little windows :-)).

Swarfing
04-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Just to let you now it all installed fine on XP SP3 on Virtualbox and all worked straight out the box. Took a couple of minutes to realise th need to use the CTRL key for drawing but first impression looks very good. Well done:clap:

CncCodeMaker
04-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Thank you for the feedback, that's good to hear. :)

Yes, I really need to write a short "quick-start" guide... I'v got a small video recorded (Xvid) here, that just shows the general flow:
http://www.cncsimple.com/videos/demo1.avi

Right-clicking will bring up the value input box (if a value needs to be entered), holding control will let ju sketch points.

Swarfing
04-03-2010, 08:59 AM
For you're record

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10
Kernal 2.6.31-19
Duel Core Celeron
1GB Ram

Virtualbox 3.0.8_OSE r53138 (On this Windows XP SP3) - Config is 1 Proc, 10GB disk, 12MB graphics (3D acceleration disabled), 192MB Ram

CncCodeMaker
06-03-2010, 11:29 AM
There's been a few updates of the program and I've made a few videos that I've dumped on youtube.

CncCodeMaker
19-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Just an update. The software has evolved somewhat in the last 2 weeks.

Cnc Code Maker now got a User-defined cycle, which can be adjusted (through the post-processor) to work with built-in cycles in the controls. (for example G71, G72 etc in Fanuc Lathes). There's an experimental post-processor supplied.
There's also a (currently only Milling) contour cycle operation, with automatic entry/exit.

Here's a link to a few YouTube videos: Videos (http://www.cncsimple.com/forum/index.php?topic=5.0)

This is the fix-list(s) from the last two weeks:

* Entry/Exit revamped
* Added a Parameter box for the Entry/Exit
* Fixed the mouse pointer jump on Mouse-wheel zoom in.
* Fixed messages for dimension
* Added some missing icons to the menu
* Added the modified menu (not done)
* Fixed a misspelled XML entry.
* Fixed a bug where it would soft-crash if the file were missing on open.
* Major rewrite of tool-path generation/handling.
* Added "NC operations"
* Added "New operation" button, for manual Operations
* Added "Contour operation" with depth-cuts, automatic entry/exit and automatic Machine cutter compensation.
* Fixed a bug in Manual Entry
* Added stuff in the post-processor.
* Added depth output on tool-path drawing
* Added Layers
* Added confirmation on tool-path clear
* Added Eob in the Post-processor engine ([MACHINE] - EOB )
* Now the NC text box scrolls to the bottom when new tool-paths are added.
* Redesigned Layers (Hold Control and click to make active)
* Fixed missing associations when hovering center-point and mid-point
* Fixed the circular bug in NC Auto-route
* Added Offset contour (yet limited, no arc support). See the example here: http://www.cncsimple.com/forum/index.php?topic=5.msg68#msg68
* Fixed the icon and text for the function move between layers
* Fixed a bug where the Save menu, icon always asked for a filename.
* Fixed a bug where the Free block didn't immediately appear in code window
* Remade Auto-route tool-path to use the new chain select function. It's not 100% working as intended yet (the chain select).
* Fixed some various stuff in the post-processor engine.
* Changed some incorrect text in the Contour operation, and offset contour.
* Fix a bug where the hovered lines/arc didn't highlight when chain-selecting.
* Added Custom cycle operation.
* Added a bunch new variables in the postprocessor
* Added [USERCYCLE] + more in the postprocessor
* Added User defined messages for the Custom Cycle operation in the postprocessor
* Remade the Condition check in the post-processor (Was "? VALUE>1, n, Do Stuff", is "IF VALUE > 1 THEN n, Do stuff")
* Added the user cycle to the file format (Load/save)
* Added an experimental Fanuc 0T Lathe post (New post-stuff in it, check it out if interested)
* Added experimental incremental coordinates (iX, iY, iZ)
* Added a bunch of missing variables comparing in the post-processor engine
* Added a bunch of missing variables updates in the post-processor engine
* Fixed a selection bug
* Added a tolerance in the chain-select function
* Fixed some DXF Layer errors (still need to overhaul the DXF layers)
* Fixed Trim 2 Lines to work as intended (line -arc, arc-arc still bugged)
* Fixed the issue that made Auto-route to spit out doubles.
* Fixed the issue that made Contour Operation to spit out doubles.
* Fixed the issue that made Custom cycle to spit out doubles.
* Fixed some missing stuff and typos in the Iso mill posts processors.
* Added file associations in the setup program.
* Remove the automatic new operation when you make a Custom cycle (allows you to do entry/exits w/o issues)
* Fixed a bug that the I, J, K & R values weren't assigned their correct value in the custom cycle (in post-processor engine)
* Fixed a forgotten coordinate in the end block of the custom cycle. It shouldn't really matter, but it looked bad graphics-wise. Save files could still display it the wrong way.
+ moreIf you still haven't tried it out yet, give it a shoot. It's free. :)

The first release is getting closer.

pete910
16-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Windoze unfortunatly, but if people nag hard enough I could probably give a shot at trying tpo port it. It is after all written in Delphi, and should be possible to compile it in Kylix (never tried it :smile:)

Works spot on in wine 1.36 to 1.41 on Mandriva no probs!

But a native version would be nice!

Pete

CncCodeMaker
17-04-2010, 10:47 AM
After the release of version 1, I will try to convert it to Lazarus actually.
That will allow me to compile it for windows, Linux & mac 32 and 64 bit. The code will probably be 99% portable, except for some components that I use.

CncCodeMaker
18-04-2010, 09:31 PM
I didn't have much to do today (well I did, but couldn't be arsed :) ) so I made this Viewer for the native file format in Lazarus. I managed to compile a i386 Linux version as well. It's not very much tested, and quite useless, but if anyone wanna play around with it there's a download link here: http://www.cncsimple.com/forum/index.php/topic,71.0.html

:)