PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Another CNC Novice

andyisko
07-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi everyone,
I have just entered the baffling world of CNC. I sourced what looked to be a reasonably priced and solid cnc router/mill from Bratislava/Slovakia. The machine is a Kompass H-1000 which cost 1300 comlete with frame, motors, spidle, controller and a licenced copy of Mach 3. I took a gamble with my minimal knowledge, paid via paypal and 3 days later on a Friday was emailed in broken English that it had been despatched and would arrive on the Sunday...... Not believing the delivery day I went out and arrived home at 4pm, shortly after I received a call from a foreign male saying he would drop the machine off in 10 minutes time !! The machine arrived, well packaged and I think the driver had driven from Slovakia !!
Anyway on first impression, it looks to be a very solid well bulit machine, I just have to work out where all the wires go, so if anyone has set up one of these please let me know.
I will try and let you kow how I get on. I am also a newcomer to forums by the way........

ptjw7uk
07-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Hi,
Had a look on the web and couldnt decide what the screws were, are they ball screws!
If they are looks reasonable value.
That seller on ebay hasnt sold many yet!
peter

andyisko
07-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Hi,
I don't know if you went to his main website at -
http://www.3dcnc.extra.hu/en/kompas-h-1000-komplet -

They are not ball screws, I think........?:eek:

New MDL user adjustable zero-backlash nuts
Modular design from stock components offering a very strong / solid professional machine.... Now with the addition of our user adjustable zero backlash trapezoidal nuts.

Andy.

irving2008
08-03-2010, 01:29 AM
No, the site very clearly states they are 12 x 3 trapezoidal screws with 'user adjustable zero-backlash' delrin nuts... would be interested in a picture of the nuts...