PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Greetings

NC-Joey
03-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi Guys.
Thanks to CheekieMonkies for the invite over here, looking forward to learning/sharing what I can.

I`ve been machining since starting my Toolmaking apprecticeship in 1978. hahaa.. back in the day when 3d milling was a 3 axis manual and a tilting rotary table. Finally joined the CNC world in `95, Mainly Turning, but also been involved with Milling, Wire Erosion and Jig Grinding. Thoroughly enjoy it despite all the crap that`s thrown in the mix.
Currently running a Hyundai Kia SKT 250MS, Twin spindle and Live Tooling (no Y axis tho ) The machine has a Fanuc 18i control which I manually code. Also ran a Hyundia Hit 28 and a Somab NUM 1060.
Been fortunate to try loads of different Cad and Cam programs over the years, using Solidworks atm which I think is awesome. We also have Edgecam which I just use to generate toolpath code and add that to my hand written progs.

I am building my first small NC router type machine, I`ve had quite a few ups and downs getting what I want but it`s been a real fun project so far. I`ll post more info about my efforts sometime soon.

Hope to make some buddies here and look forward to watching the gang grow
All the best
c ya around.

Lee Roberts
03-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Welcome to the forums.

We welcome your expertise and feel very privileged to have you part of our community.

We are still in the process of setting the forums up adding new content and so on, please feel free to make any suggestions you feel could benefit us and the community.

CNCUK

Lee Roberts
03-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Be sure to post your build logs, look forward to seeing what you'v done with your machine.

SirMorris
04-08-2007, 09:20 PM
I can't wait to see your machine either.

When my little boy asked what made us different from the animals I didn't have to stop and think of the reply, it came instantly.

'The ability to use tools, sweetie'.

Did I get that from Attenborough?