PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New to the site

sopysnipe01
29-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Hi
I'm new to this site, I am interested in using cnc machinery to build a repro of a WW1 aeroplane "all right you can stop laughing now before you do yourselves a mischief". I bought a Triac from Henley college Coventry, on which I intended to mill out most of the parts, they told me there was nothing wrong with the machine, nor had they ever had any problems with it "they lied" :mad:, it turns out that there was a pre existing fault on the control panel, so I am now trying to sell it, unless someone can convert it to MAC 3 or similar for me, at a reasonable price.
Can any one suggest a suitable "cheap" machine that I can acquire at a later date ?.

Regards.
Bob "sopysnipe01".

irving2008
29-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Welcome..

It would help if you amended your details to show where you are... A conversion isn't likely to been too complex, the Denford products are fairly well documented. I see you have put it up for sale, I think maybe thats a tad premature.

sopysnipe01
29-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Welcome..

It would help if you amended your details to show where you are... A conversion isn't likely to been too complex, the Denford products are fairly well documented. I see you have put it up for sale, I think maybe thats a tad premature.

Hi Irving2008
Thank you for your comments, I have now updated my profile.
The reason I have put the Triac up for sale, is that my funds are somewhat limited to say the least, & I have been on to the Denford web site with regards to updating the controls etc, there seems to be several people who are convertng their machines to MACH 3, & each one appears to be doing it a different way, & as I have already mentiond, I am not very good when it comes to electronics etc, I do not want to spend more money on something that I will probably end up screwing up.
All the best.
Bob"sopysnipe01".