PDA

View Full Version : ghost in the x axis - bad electrical connection

jonm
09-04-2010, 09:09 PM
hi
in mach 3 if i jog the x axis in the + direction then stop , then jog again in the in the + direction , some times the axis goes the opposite way but the dro is still incrementing in the + direction , anyone any ideas

also does the same when cutting , disconnected the motor from the screw so as there is no load and it still does it

Swarfing
09-04-2010, 10:06 PM
John

I had this problem with EMC2 and after checking things for the 50,000 time it turned out to be a bad contact on a motor wire. Suggest you loosen the screws on that motor, take them out, re twist or solder the ends and put hem back. Worth a try

jonm
09-04-2010, 10:42 PM
thanks 2e0poz
will check wiring , as you say for the 50,000 time tomorrow, it must be a wiring prob but do you think i can find it
thats the great thing about this cnc mallarky .. keeps the mind active

i2i
09-04-2010, 10:49 PM
also check your direction feed.

jonm
11-04-2010, 08:15 PM
hi
found it at last one of the motor wires , going into the terminal block on the driver was under the spade screw instead of between it although to the touch the wire felt solid it wasnt a good electrical connection , wire in right place everything ok now ... for some thing so simple its been a right pain in the arse

Swarfing
11-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Glad to see you grb the gremlin by the P****** John and now under control