PDA

View Full Version : Complete conversion kits?

leitzscope
01-05-2010, 07:56 AM
I posted recently regarding Conect CNC Mills/Lathes. I have managed to get three machines working off the manual buttons (after major re-wire).
A few questions: the Z axis stepper on one mill works fine +/- when connection to the mill head is removed but only down when load is reconnected - it stutters and sometimes allows the worm drive to slide in the wrong direction. Does this indicate a shot stepper, electronics or software?

Is there a reasonably priced UK company which offers complete 3 axis kits with steppers and electronics? I just don't have the time to research individual boards motors etc.

I tried the firm advertised on the first page of this site but they require a log in and my details before allowing access even to prices. Seems to me uneccessary and a recipe for even more spam than I get already! Surely no way to treat a customer with spending in mind?!

Regards to all, Ray

Gary
01-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Ray,
What company needs you to log in to get prices? Seems a bit paranoid to me?
If you need a kit of motors and drivers contact me by email and i can help you.

Lee Roberts
01-05-2010, 06:50 PM
What company was it Ray ?

leitzscope
01-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Ah! My mistake, I just re-checked the company - it was Keling technology a USA company - I obviously got it off the CNC Zone site.

Ray