PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hi Everyone

BK2_SHOOTER
10-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just joined the site yesterday, this is my 1st post. Im from the newcastle under lyme area (staffordshire)

Ive built a few small cnc routers in the past but am currently undertaking a new project. Ive just bought a Warco economy mill off ebay, and have just ordered a new set of motors and drivers from Zapp. so once ive got all the bits I hope i can call on all of your differant experiances when i get stuck.

Im mainly interested in 2.5 / 3D milling of aluminium, I use solidworks and meshcam, and at the moment use turbocnc, but i think i will move to MAch 3 in the near future as it seems to have lots of really helpful features.

I may put together a build log as i go. but ill probobly make a start and finish it before i realise i should have been taking pictures in my excitement to see how well it works.:rolleyes:

Martin.

Lee Roberts
10-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi Martin, welcome to the forums.

I hope you dont forget the pictures, It would be nice to see the Mill get its conversion.

Mach3 is great as well so should be a good choice, whats this "new project" you talk about :smile:

irving2008
10-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Which one off eBay? I didnt see an Economy come up recently, there were a couple of Minors like mine, went for silly prices

BK2_SHOOTER
11-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Which one off eBay? I didnt see an Economy come up recently, there were a couple of Minors like mine, went for silly prices

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320506763010&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:GB:1123

Hope the link works. I thought it was a fair price & it came with the stand and a box of assorted imperial cutters and MT3 collets.

The drawbar was destroyed though, completely stripped and the collet was fusted in place, it took more than just a light tap with the club hammer to get it out. But im slowly cleaning it up and am making doo with a bit of 3/8" Whit studding as a draw bar.

I just cant wait to get all of the bits i need so i can start making the motor mounts .etc

Its great to find others with similar machines. Ill have to learn how to post pictures and videos.

irving2008
11-05-2010, 01:53 PM
that was a good price! - I paid £365 for my MD30, two recent sold on ebay, admittedly with some tooling, for £620 and £1000... you can buy new for that!