PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: hi from leicestershire

robby
15-04-2008, 04:15 PM
i am new to the idea of cnc, but not to a workshop. i want to build a cnc machine to cut mdf up to half inch thick but with a work area of at least 3ft x 3ft...4x4 would be perhaps be better?...cost is an issue as i am limited on expenditure but do have a pretty good workshop and tools to be going on with. any help or ideas where to start and things like what sort of stepper motors, belt drives or screw drive etc to use on a set up like this would be great...would love to meet someone locally who has made a similar setup so i could see one hands on. i have a vinyl cutter so am pretty conversant with the software usage side of things and am pretty good with some of the drawing packages. all ideas and help would be great...

Lee Roberts
17-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey Keith, things have gone a bit slow here havnt they. Ill see what i can do to get some updates going on i just cant find the time to do everything i need to these days!, Welcome to the forums Robby !

CNCUK

robby
29-05-2008, 12:23 AM
sounds good keith..you doing a build profile on here?

Lee Roberts
02-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Wow, what happened Kip ? you dont stop for pic's only Fire? Upload the vid to youtube ?!?

Lee Roberts
04-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Never turn your back on a furnace!

On a serious note I just took a photo of some of the items I'm working on incorporating into my build.... I may actually do a "build thread" as I'm in no rush!

Thanks for the advice, yea a build log would be good !