PDA

View Full Version : Torque Values?

pjl83
04-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Hi All,

I have tried the FAQ section and read through all I can find but I cant find an answer so here goes :)

From reading around and working out (roughly) my machine plans..... I have decided that I want my stepper motors to be around 2nM of torque.

looking around the 'Bay and through catalogues at work there are lots of different units. mNm, kgf.cm, oz/inches etc

Does anybody know the equation for working out the various types so that I can see at a glance if they're what I'm looking for?

Thanks, sorry if it is here already but I did look and couldn't see it anywhere.

Paul ;)

Robin Hewitt
04-06-2010, 08:21 PM
http://www.onlineconversion.com/

pjl83
04-06-2010, 08:40 PM
nice link. thanks for that. I've bookmarked it ;)

pjl83
04-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Thankyou. I did post saying thank you a few minutes ago but it was sent for moderation and hasn't appeared. Not sure why?

;)

irving2008
04-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Thankyou. I did post saying thank you a few minutes ago but it was sent for moderation and hasn't appeared. Not sure why?

;)Not entirely sure, but I've approved it. I suspect it fell foul of the 'reply must be more than 10 words' rule and something triggered the spam detector... sorry about that

pjl83
04-06-2010, 10:03 PM
No need to appologise :)

Thankyou. I thought maybe it was the word link or bookmarked - to stop me posting links until my post count is higher...... I suppose this will act as a test.....

pjl83
04-06-2010, 10:05 PM
obviously not lol

Maybe you're right about the word count thing. Now I'm replying to myself :rolleyes: I wonder if it will think I'm just going crazy and boot me out all together :naughty::whistling: