PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Clarke CMD10 Mill for sale - SOLD

rckeith
29-07-2010, 01:02 PM
I have a Clarke CMD10 mill for sale. I've not used it much and when I have its been used on wood. http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cmd10-micro-milling-drilling-machine

Its in good condition and I want £160 for it over £300 new. I live near Rotherham.

Don't really use anymore and need the space to build a CNC foam cutter

Keith

GeorgeD
29-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Thats not a bad price there Keith.

I've always noticed that Clarke(Machinemart) is way over the top with their prices for machinery.
Have a large branch in this locality and to this day have never seen more than three or four customers in the shop at any given time and I've passed the shop many a time.

rnr107
10-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi Keith,
Could you bring it to Bradford, West yorkshire? (I'll pay for the gaz)

Ta,
RNR

rckeith
10-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Hi RNR

Sorry its been sold. I would have done otherwise

Keith

rnr107
10-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Ho, well... I guess I'll have to keep searching. :-)

routercnc
10-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Hi Keith,

Out of interest, are you the same Keith who has posted on the GiantCod RC forum? If not, sorry to have troubled you.

Barry

John S
10-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Didn't know you could get radio controlled Cod, you learn something everyday don't you ?

routercnc
10-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi John,

GiantCod - yes, odd name but a popular cheap website for RC stuff. I wanted to know because he mentioned foam cutting, and I've posted to him, or someone with a similar name on that site. Just trying to chat to like minded balsa bashers . . .

p.s you have a PM

rckeith
10-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Hi Barry

Yes I am, I've posted on GiantCod a few times. Use them for all my RC electric gear.

My website is http://www.rckeith.co.uk where I post all my builds. Latest one is a Vickers VC10. Actually the inspiration to build a cnc foam cutter as I've made so many templates for this plane. Should be posting a few more pictures in the next few days of the wing.

Keith

routercnc
11-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi Keith,

I have posted as 'electric_baz' on there. Yes alright, stop laughing at the back . . .

Anyway, part of your thread was a cnc foam cutter, so getting back to that - really looking forward to your posts of any machine you build. Can't remember seeing another foam cutter on this forum, seem to be more millers, routes, lathes, but I'm sure there are some out there ready to help . . .

Barry

rckeith
11-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi Electric_baz

Just ordered the motors and driver board today from ebay. I 'll start a new thread as it probably not the best place in this section.

Keith

Englishlever
13-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Keith, just popped in to say a Big 'Thank You' for a Great deal on the miller and a for very pleasant transaction.
Not used it in anger yet, but it looks right at home my clock repair shop!
SWMBO thought I was nuts driving from Brid' to Rotherham for it, but then came along for the ride anyway ........ and spent the rest of the housekeeping at Hemswell antiques centre ;>))
Peace reigns!

All the best
John.

rckeith
13-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi John

Thanks for your kind comments. I'm glad your pleased with it. I've used the money to start my CNC project for a cnc hot wire foam cutter. Which I've started a post on this site.

Regards

Keith

routercnc
13-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi Englishlever,

Suggest you cut and paste your 'Re the miller . . . ' question into a new post with a good title and help will be on it's way. They might not look in here, and this post has probably run it's wayward course.

Englishlever
13-08-2010, 09:10 PM
My pleasure Keith,
I'll take a look at your CNC project, it may spur me into getting my head around the technology, certainly uses for it in horological projects.

Best regards

John

Englishlever
13-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Whoops, will do.

John