PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: SOLD: Sieg C3 with DRO

danielbriggs
11-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Well... this week is very much bittersweet; as mentioned elsewhere I'm sadly selling my trusty Sieg C3 lathe :cry:
It has been a great little lathe, however I've bought a mint condition Boxford 160 TCL to take its place :smile: (Needs upgrading first though...!)

SO:
The C3 lathe is in great condition; VERY little usage. It has digital readouts (DRO) on both axis's and a digital spindle speed display on top. This is the metric leadscrew version, and has the cam-lock tailstock. It was bought from ArcEuroTrade not that long ago.

When it arrived I tore it down, cleaned, degreased, put-back-together, and tuned it up; until it was running very well. Since then it has had minimal usage, just the odd part or two in aluminium and brass.

Attached is a photo from a while back (apologies for the poor photo). I cleaned it up really well last weekend and moved the lathe out so will update the photos over the next few days.

What's included:

Sieg C3 Lathe (obviously!)
Cam-lock tailstock
Drill chuck and arbor
Quick-change toolpost + holders
Several lathe tools
Both sets of jaws for the 80mm, 3 jaw chuck
2x new suitable bearings should you want to upgrade the headstock
Large custom manuals (LOADS of info in these!)
Some odds and ends, like extra gears and what not. + Probably some other things I've forgotten. ;)
I'm based in Warrington; collection is accepted, if you're not too far I will be happy to deliver or meet at a sensible distance.
Cash on collection is preferred; but open to other sensible payment means. (And no; STAMPS not accepted! - yes, I've been genuinely asked on eBay is someone could pay for something I was selling with stamps!!! :rolleyes:)
Anyone wanting to have a look over the machine can do before hand; totally fine with me - but I assure you, no issues with it :smile:

So; price?
I'm asking *only* £350.
Bargain if you ask me! :naughty:

Any questions, drop me a PM or give me a ring.

Ta,
Dan

GeorgeD
11-08-2010, 08:33 PM
You'll be sorry when this goes,Dan.

In the past I was forever buyin tools and then sellin them on when strapped for cash...never again will that happen.

danielbriggs
11-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Ahh... I need the space :(
Plus the CNC lathe was bought as a direct replacement. I know what you mean though; I'm sure the time will come where I think "if only I had a manual lathe; I could just jump on and turn this down a bit..."
But the CNC mill, and now this CNC lathe should be capable of most jobs :)

Ta,
Dan

danielbriggs
02-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Just a little bump... :)
Still for sale; needs to go within 2 weeks.

danielbriggs
15-09-2010, 02:19 PM
This lathe is now *sold*.
Many thanks to all who have PM'd interest.

Regards,
Dan