PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: hello from on top of a hill near cardiff

battwell
17-08-2010, 10:19 AM
i love playing cnc!
im just finishing up my 3rd retrofit using mach 3 of a big wood machining centre
i have 2 of these.
and a boxford 125tcl that i did but rarely use!

i2i
17-08-2010, 04:05 PM
hello neighbour, i'm at the bottom of a hill in Cardiff.

windows20
17-08-2010, 05:54 PM
hi all
lm on the other side of the hill from cardiff.
andy

Tom
17-08-2010, 06:04 PM
I know that hill. A lovely hill.

PS. Hello! Have you got any pics?

battwell
17-08-2010, 06:37 PM
pics of the lovely hill? loads!
it used to be called cuckoo hill. but the locals thought it was a mountain so they called it caerphilly mountain!
i live in cuckoo house the first built on cuckoo hill.
cnc wise: i have a couple of utube chanels
http://www.youtube.com/user/automateanything (shows the recent progress of my biggest conversion)
and biessebod

Tom
17-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Awsome! Nice machine.

But boy oh boy do I not miss that noise! It's almost enough to stop wood routing forever just not to hear it again! :)

battwell
17-08-2010, 06:58 PM
im just on my tea break. ive been running the other one all afternoon.

i2i
18-08-2010, 10:05 AM
hi all
lm on the other side of the hill from cardiff.
andy
Nice to know there's more of us in this area, i was beginning to feel a bit lonely.

battwell
18-08-2010, 10:25 AM
there are quite a few of "us" around the area. cardiff, newport etc that i know of.
(mostly from the zone, not this forum)
what have you guys got? what do you do with them?
my work is mainly wood. bought an old machining centre as scrap 2 years ago
got it working and after 2 years of learning/ research etc got it working well!
ive built a couple of oddities like a plasma. but i prefer buying good scrap and converting it as its way cheaper than building.
(the huge machining centre im nearly finished now cost £2k delivered. its new equivalent is nearer £200k !
because of ebay addiction i have loads of spares/ servos and drives etc stocked here. i test everything and try to learn it inside out. i help out a lot of guys around the world keep their old cronks going and help program for some . (mainly old Biesse stuff as the manufacturers agents dont want to know the older machines)

i2i
18-08-2010, 10:32 AM
i got on the cnc bandwagon to do some 3d work, but the idea didn't go anywhere. So now i have a mill and a lathe with no dials, as opposed to a mill and a lathe with dials, albeit a bit smaller than the manual machines.
Originally i had a Harrison M300 and a Beavermill plus, now it's a Boxford 240 tcl and a Denford Triac, same horse different jockey.

windows20
20-08-2010, 08:36 AM
hi battwell
any chance i can come over for a snoop.
andy

battwell
20-08-2010, 09:49 AM
yup as long as you dont want to know all my top secret secrets!
when do you want to come? send me a pm.