PDA

View Full Version : Mini ITX board for Mach 3

lateAtNight
17-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Hello everyone...
I remember some time ago there was talk about mini ITX boards, and if there were suitable for Mach.

I just got mine up and going... it fits perfectly into my case along with drivers and PSUs... take a look for yourselves.

Its a dual core Atom board by Asus. It has on board graphics, but its an nVidia ION so it should have more than enough graphics power for mach... could even play some games on it I think :smile:

I bought it along with a Galil PCI control card. The idea was to make a completely reliable standalone system that fits all in one box... So far all I have done is set it up, but I'll be cutting with it later on this week... Will let you know how it all fairs!

Dave.

irving2008
17-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Thats neat... how did you get from the Galil back to the drivers, presumably you had to go outside and back in?

lateAtNight
17-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Very sharp Irving!

I haven't actually got that far yet, but yes it will be out the back of the pci card and back in. Not quite sure where the breakout board is going as it is by far the biggest component out of everything in there! Its about the length of my arm and has about 100 pins... and I only need about 16 of them!

Its a shame... kind of loses its elegance this way. I was hoping there might be a header on the board that would let me avoid using the external connector but alas it was not meant to be.