PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New Member

ben1son1
20-08-2010, 10:16 PM
HI One & All,

I'm retie VET stock at home most of the time. I spend most of my time helping VET's with the VA problems and folks that live near me with computer, electrical, and electronic problems that they might have. I stent 32 year in the military, 4 years in the US Army and the rest in the US Coast Guard as a electronic Tech.
One of my friends needs a small stepper motor to drive a three wheel wagon at a very slow and stead speed. I have not work with servo or stepper motor before. I read a lot on the internet but found very little on how to pick the right size stepper motor for my project.

William L. Benson (BEN)

irving2008
20-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Hi BEN and welcome to the site.

I suspect a stepper motor might be a little small for the job, a DC motor heavily geared down would be the normal approach. Why not open a new thread in the motors section here (http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?80-Stepper-amp-Servo-Motors) giving more detail, e.g. size n weight of wagon & load, desired speed, other requirements (like climbing hills etc), power source available, etc. and there'll be a few of us along shortly to help...

ben1son1
21-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Hi One & All,

Thank for the info and I will start a new thread.

There reason for a stepper motor driving the wagon, I need a very steady and precise speed.

Thanks again:smile:

BEN