PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello from Yorkshire

potter1932
27-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Hi,

Just thought I'd better introduce myself, currently building a modified rockcliffe type D machine. Still not sure how I'm going to generate the G Code yet.

If theres anyone in the northwest building a similar type of machine, I'd appreciate some advice as the CNC side of things is fairly new to me. Feel free to PM me

Take Care
Tom

Lee Roberts
28-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi Tom welcome to the forums mate.

The D Model is that the flying gantry version? I’m currently building a Rockcliff. See my signature for my link to that, I’ve also got some pictures in the gallery.

If you post in the forums here you will get answers to your questions we’ve got some VERY talented people in this community.

I'll help you where I can; I’ve just ordered the parts to make myself a PSU for the drivers for instance. The first thing I would advise you do is print out all the pdf files or "documentation" for the "D Model" also the other files "assembly" to name but 1.

Once you have got them printed it’s going to make life allot easier when you start to cut your MDF parts and so on, reading from them that way.

Take a look at MYCNCUK on eBay (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MYCNCUK), lots of things you will need for your machine. Steel Rails, Delrin Drive nuts, Bearings, NUTS, bolts, washers and all sorts. Very cheap as well compared to some of the other places, if you need drivers let me know I have a few sources for them.

Welcome to the forums mate, i look forward to seeing what you get upto.

CM