PDA

View Full Version : Help

airwolf
09-09-2010, 08:52 PM
I have a 8" x 5" cnc router.
hi i am looking for someone who lives in the cambridgeshire area who can help me to learn how to set it up and use it i am a carpenter by trade.

it is running under mach 3
have learn a bit.

but what to learn a lot more

Please Help

irving2008
09-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi airwolf - I have moved this post to the Requests section.

Is it a commercial router? And what are you looking to do with it? What software other than MACH3 do you have?

routercnc
10-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Do you mean 8 feet by 5 feet, rather than 8 inches by 5 inches?

How far have you got with it? Is it all connected and you can move it around with the keyboard or other manual control, but you want to know how to get it to cut your own shapes out? Or are you needed help with getting it going? The Mach3 setup guide is available on their website:
http://www.machsupport.com/documentation.php

If it is working then you need some software to draw the design in (CAD), then software to create toolpaths (CAM) and software to create the cutting code (GCODE). Mach3 will then use this Gcode to cut out the shapes. Some software will do more than one of these jobs.

There are some trial bits of Gcode included with Mach3 - if you search inside the Mach3 folder on your PC you'll see the classic 'RoadRunner' file as something to try.

airwolf
10-09-2010, 07:40 AM
it is 8' x 5' and it is up and running.
i have cut roadrunner and other things

the problem is it dose strange things with i think is down to setting which i dont fully understand.
i cant find any coures at any local collages
i can only learn from hands on

i an willing to pay someone to come and help me.

thanks for all your help

airwolf
13-09-2010, 08:56 PM
How do i Get Help My CNC Is up and running.
i Have bob-cad and sharp-cam

I have Done some cutting with the CNC
It dose things i don't expect, IE Plunge in to the wood.
i think this is down to settings that i don't understand.
i have tried to find a CNC course where i live with no joy
if you know someone that can give me some time to help Me understand more about the settings. ( i am willing to pay for this )
i Learn better from hands on and not books

I think most of the problems are to do with offsets ?

any help is appreciated

Thanks