PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello from Hampshire

Andrew_Standen
19-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Ive been playing with cnc machines since 1998, when I first purchased a Shopbot machine, 4 foot by 3 foot and 7inch on the Z.
Since then I have run a SCM pratix 48 for one yacht builder on the Southcoast, I then moved on to another yacht builder and currently program for a Homag Weeke machine.
All cutting timber and the odd mould tool from Sika Block all in 3 axis.
Currently I don't have my own machine having sold it a couple of years ago to make room for another project and I don't see me getting another for a couple of years, when I do it will be roughly based on a Mech Mate , still I'm thinking of making a five axis machine, small ( say 2.5 mtrs by 1.3 mtrs by 600mm high ).
That's about it really.
Busy at work programming using CATIA, Autocad, Alphacam and Woodwop.
I dont run the machine any longer as I have taught others to do that, although I still borrow the machine to make the odd part here and there. Miss having my own at home. best regards Andrew.

irving2008
19-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Hi Andrew and welcome to the site. Sound like you're an experienced hand at this :lol: I'm sure you have lots of knowledge to impart...

Mad Professor
20-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Hello and welcome, Your just over the water from me.

Andrew_Standen
20-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi Andrew and welcome to the site. Sound like you're an experienced hand at this :lol: I'm sure you have lots of knowledge to impart...

Thanks for the welcome, hope to find other things to make with a cnc machine. Will help when ever I can.

Andrew_Standen
20-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Hello and welcome, Your just over the water from me.

Thanks for the welcome, I Work in Southampton.