PDA

View Full Version : MPG and Mach3

GeoffV
04-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Gentlemen

Have been observed emulating an octopus whilst trying to find the edge of the job with wiggler and keyboard and mouse and Ctrl Alt J and page up blast should have been page down.
I have just got to find a manual pulse generator for jogging in Mach3. I presume this is possible, where does one go for the bits.

GeoffV

John S
04-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Geoff,
Take a look at this:-

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/contour-design-shuttlexpress-5-button-jog-shuttle-av-editing-deck--17000

Plugs straight in to Mach once the shuttle plug in is loaded.

GeoffV
05-10-2010, 05:49 AM
Geoff,

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/contour-design-shuttlexpress-5-button-jog-shuttle-av-editing-deck--17000

John

Am not clear as to what ( the shuttle plug ) is?

The device looks good, have you any experience with it? Presumable it runs through a USB port? and can be configured to replace various key combinations?

GeoffV

GeoffV
05-10-2010, 06:10 AM
John

This device looks good, have you any experience with it? how easy is it in terms of assigning functions to the buttons and wizz wheel?

Hell at that price I'll get one to try. Thanks once again John.

GeoffV

audioandy
05-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Geoff

One or two of us on here have these, they are very simple to set up and are a god send when edge finding etc.

It will be the best £45 you will ever spend.

Andy

GeoffV
05-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks Andy

I have just placed an order for one with a company in Peterborough, ebay trader, paypal, so should be ok, new £32-95.

GeoffV

p.s. do your friends call you Wing Nut?

John S
05-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Geoff,

You need to go to the Mach website at Machsupport.com and under downloads, Plugins select the file for the shuttle pro, very near the bottom.
This file does all the shuttle devices.

Install that file into C:\Mach3

Then open Mach, go to Config > Config Plugins [ 4th from bottom ] and tick the shuttle plugin to enable it.

Then click config and you get a picture of the shutle pro and a choice of boxes to fill in.

You have ordered the Express so click that, bottom right and just use the inner top row of buttons and the two wheels.

audioandy
05-10-2010, 12:10 PM

No just ugly bugger!

GeoffV
05-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks John

It should be here in a day or so and with your above advice, no problems I hope.

Geoff

blackburn mark
05-10-2010, 03:55 PM
No just ugly bugger!
the next time i buy a machine i want you to do the haggling for me andy...
sh*t !!.... i bet we would come away with a machine and a tenner more than we went in with :)

audioandy
05-10-2010, 05:22 PM
the next time i buy a machine i want you to do the haggling for me andy...
sh*t !!.... i bet we would come away with a machine and a tenner more than we went in with :)

:lmao:..........

Lee Roberts
05-10-2010, 11:49 PM

No but they do now!

LMAO, nice profile title andy !

audioandy
06-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks Lee!!!!!!!

GeoffV
08-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Geoff,

John et all

The contour shuttle express arrived the following day and was duly installed, not without some difficulty, but isn't that always the case. What an excellent device, have allocated the left three buttons for axis change XYZ, can't decide what to use the other two for yet. Never the less, thanks to all of you, for such sound advice.
GeoffV