PDA

View Full Version : Jinan XYZ-Tech Ltd

Jayman
03-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Hi everyone, Has anyone here had dealings with Jinan XYZ-Tech CNC Equipment Co. Ltd of Jinan City, China or their CNC routers? I'm planning on buying one of their machines:

http://xyz-tech.en.alibaba.com/product/250458105-50378387/xj1224_cnc_advertising_router_with_new_design_sect ional_portal_frame_ensuring_high_stability.html

I plan on using it to mill and engrave plastics, wood and aluminium and would really like to know if this company and their machines are any good before I part company with all my savings.

What is your take on Chinese machines in general?

Jay

Lee Roberts
05-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Dont know of them sorry!

Jayman
06-12-2010, 10:39 AM
From the lack of replies, it appears that nobody does Lee. Now I don't know if I should risk my money or not.:confused:

M250cnc
06-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Maybe search on that other forum :eek:

That is a big machine (Potential for Damage) and it seems that payment is via Western Union which is a no no

How much are you thinking of spending.

Phil

Jayman
06-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Hi M250,

They want 50% up front, the rest against a copy of the bill of lading, both by T/T - a total of $5879. I'm not happy about the T/T either, or the fact That I'll have paid all of the money before the thing even gets to the UK.

M250cnc
06-12-2010, 04:22 PM
both by T/T - a total of $5879. I'm not happy about the T/T either, or the fact That I'll have paid all of the money before the thing even gets to the UK.

I don't know what T/T is but only pay by Credit Card and make sure you are covered for the full amount.

Phil

Jayman
06-12-2010, 04:52 PM
T/T - Telegraphic Transfer. Basically, I authorize my bank to make a deposit into their bank account. Generic name for "Western Union" transfer I think.

I've asked XYZ-Tech if they will use AliPay/Escrow which is a service that provides secure online banking and they withhold my payment until I have both received and inspected my purchase (I have up to 30 days to do this). This seems a much better way to do it as both parties can be sure they will not be scammed by the other.

M250cnc
06-12-2010, 05:36 PM
I've asked XYZ-Tech if they will use AliPay/Escrow which is a service that provides secure online banking and they withhold my payment until I have both received and inspected my purchase (I have up to 30 days to do this). This seems a much better way to do it as both parties can be sure they will not be scammed by the other.

Hi Jay,

Well if they refuse you know what to do. They can be fraught with configuration issues which is the main complaint with Chinese stuff. Plus instructions in Chinglish can be funny, but only when you have the machine working.

Phil

Jayman
06-12-2010, 05:52 PM
To be honest Phil, I've read sorts of horror stories about buying from China (mostly on that "other" CNC site), from "Free Delivery" that can turn out costing hundreds of pounds (over and above import duties and V.A.T) to really poorly built machines not fit for purpose. I can't afford to "put it down to experience", I just ain't rich enough.

"Chinglish" - I like it. :smile:

Jay

tumutbound
07-12-2010, 10:47 AM
As a lurker over at cnczone.com, I've seen this subject come up a number of times.
I did find this mention in a thread (http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chinese_machines/86978-jinan_quick_cnc_router_purchases-25.html) and it seems to be the same supplier.

JINAN QUICK CNC ROUTER CO., LTD.
LANXIANG MIDDLE ROAD, TIANQIAO INDUSTRY ZONE,
JINAN, SHANDONG, P.R. CHINA 250033
Mobile: +86 13665418909
Email/MSN: [email protected]

The contact person here, Taney, has such a good reputation that when he changed companies, a lot of buyers and potential buyers, went with him.
I've no personal experience with the company but Taney seems to be one of the competent guys. See any threada by rocket67 on cnczone.com

Jayman
07-12-2010, 12:54 PM
It's a different address to the one I've got for ZXY-Tech though so I don't think it's the same company. I get the impression that there are several machine tool manufacturers in Jinan all making similar machines (because they all use the same small range of frame castings).

No mention of "Taney" in my correspondence. My contact is Nicole Li (made up name no doubt) who is clearly just an English speaking salesperson who has little knowledge about what she is selling. And trying to get detailed information out of them is like trying to get blood out of the proverbial.

Jay