PDA

View Full Version : Well it looks like I have to bite the bullet (solid works)

Kai
08-12-2010, 12:57 AM
I have a full working version of solid works 2010 and solid cam from college.
It looks like I am going to have to just knuckle down and learn the software bummer:cry:
I have been using CamBam on trial and it is very nice easy to use but just too costly ths time of year and with no work comming in carn't justify it to the accountant (the WIFE)
I have been watching videos of it and it is justnot like anything I have used before.
Does anyone have any tips or good sites to learn from?

M250cnc
08-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Kai,

There is no quick fix as there is so much to learn.

Are you being taught the software at college, ask the tutors for extra help.

I did say to learn the software, rather than hobby software in an earlier post. I mean no disrespect to hobby users but if you are looking to get a job in the industry, learn industrial software.

I don't use Solidworks but I can import & export the files.

Solidworks has a large user base, try to ask smaller questions I'm sure you'll get help

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

NB70
08-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Kai, if you like CamBam why not try the free version (version 0.8.2)? http://www.cambam.info/downloads/ scroll down to the bottom of the page. It is older than the paid for versions but it has lots of features and is unrestricted.

You should have a go at learning Solidworks though, especially if it is part of your college course!

Nathan

Kai
08-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes you did and You where quiet right in what you said, even at 38 I should know there are reasons why there is no quick fix lol

Kai
29-12-2010, 02:08 AM
Why is it when you are on break from college that you find a little hicup that brings things to a halt lol.
In solid works I want a view to be from a cross section in the X axis to the front and Y to the right with Z to the top and for the life of me I can not get it.
I have the manual and the solid works bible lot of info but I can not see where it is I get the view. I can free rotate and get near but it is always out by a few .001 of a mill never spot on.
Well guess I will have to keep looking till after christmas.

Happy new year all

Smiler
06-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Select the face you want to to view, goto your view orientation menu and select "Normal to". Your selected face will swing into perfect alignment.

Kai
09-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Thanks will give that a go your a star

kelef
20-03-2011, 02:38 PM
hi'ya kai, kman a newbie to ths site. know your prob with the manuals 'n stuff I have used SW for over 10 yrs pm me contact inf and I will answer any and all questions I can, and with an e-mail contact I will send you full display vidz of each step of your projects so you can see the build sequence-:dance: kelef

BillTodd
20-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Does anyone have any tips or good sites to learn from?
Buy yourself one of these:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spacenavigator.html

You will not regret it.

Kai
03-04-2011, 01:52 AM
Yes I got one of those great thing but takes a little getting used to lol. Kelef I will be in touch and thanks for the offer. The internet is such a great aid to people these days how would I have got the answers to so many questions and got to know so many like minded people without it lol