PDA

View Full Version : Restoring a Kerry 1124 - Info and photos required

Noname
25-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Hello to the forum,

I am finally getting on with renovating an old Kerry 1124 I picked up a few years back. Unfortunately some of the markings for the screw cutting gear box are damaged and no longer readable. Does anyone have a photo of the plate with the dial settings and gear tooth numbers? I would also appreciate any pictures of the end support for the lead screw and drive shaft. Any help gratefully received.

i am sure more info will be needed as work progresses.

Many thanks

Richard

Kn8
27-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Hi Richard

A good starting place would to have a look here http://www.lathes.co.uk/Kerry/page2.html

Kn8

Noname
27-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks KN8,

I had seen Lathes.co.uk when I first got the lathe and infact bought the manual. Unfortunately the cd doesnt work anymore and I need a bit more detail in the way of the odd photo. I have two immediate concerns

1 - I need to see how the drive shaft for the lead screw is held on the right hand side of thew lathe as i think i may be missing a few bits.
2 - The screw cutting plate is unreadable in places and although I was able to make out most of the figures I would like to be sure I got them right.

once again many thanks

Richard

Swarfing
27-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Richard

Ping CNCEZEE a PM as i'm sure he could help you out with this project. He has i believe the same lathe