PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: new designer on the block

lugtigheid
29-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi, my name is Eric and I am a designer. I'm using CNC for cutting out my designs with my own parametric GCode which I construct in Flash Actionscript. I plan to build my own CNC Router 4x8. A MechMate seems for good but I can get it the Netherlands?

kind regards,
Eric

irving2008
29-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi Eric and welcome to the site. A designer of what exactly? Using Flash Actionscript for generating GCode is a new one! I am sure there are others who have built routers to the MechMate design, I think it needs a bit of 'europeanisation'.

Wobblybootie
29-12-2010, 08:56 PM
If I remember correctly There used to be several threads on the MechMate forum started by folks building in Europe with contact details for companies that can cut and bend the components for the 'car' if you cannot do it yourself. If Gerald is still around on the forum then there isn't anything MechMate he doesn't know. I can remember asking a couple of 'stupid' questions and got reply's in Afrikaans (I should have read first and asked second) :redface: It was the amount of space needed that put me off (I would like to have a go at a scaled down version one day)