PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: For Sale! Roland PNC 3000 milling machine

fidia
31-12-2010, 11:54 PM
I have a Roland PNC 3000 milling machine for sale.

PM if anyone is interested.

It weighs around 55Kg's. Can get the item shipped at cost.

Item is in mint condition.

It is 230 volts supply.

Travel X180, Y150, Z150mm

Spindle speed 3 - 8000 rpm.

Feedrate 2 - 22mm/sec

100Watt AC motor.

3 axis servo motors and DRO display with manual controls for axes, feedrate, spindle speed, teach function.

I also have the Roland drivers on cd and the CNC software. I have the collets.

I will post some pictures of the machine tomorrow. I have no use for it now as I moved to a larger machine but it is exceptionally accurate.

Robin Hewitt
01-01-2011, 01:34 AM
You know, I always fancied one of those. Why PM? Are we bidding in a Dutch auction?

mmcp42
01-01-2011, 11:50 AM
any price indication?

fidia
01-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi

The price is £770 I am just going to post some pics. All of the software is free from Roland which I have checked as they originally sent it to me.

fidia
01-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Here are some pictures. I have added an air hose for keeping the tools cool. I have mostly used the machine to drill holes in small white metal parts with a fixture attached but purchased a larger machine from a member on here so have no need for this machine now.

Robin Hewitt
01-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi

The price is £770 I am just going to post some pics. All of the software is free from Roland which I have checked as they originally sent it to me.

I'll give you £770 for it, does that include shipping? Where are you?

Robin

fidia
01-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Hi

Shipping will be extra. I am located in Ireland. The company which shipped my machine from the UK to here should be able to deliver it. They should be open agaain on Tuesday and I can get a quote for you.

It cost £120 to ship the machine I purchased of almost 400Kg's so it should be cheap to ship the Roland.

As everything will be closed until the 4th with the holidays I can get a quote asap for you and let you know.

Robin Hewitt
01-01-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm buying it on a whim so there is no rush, I'll send you a cheque when you're ready.

Robin

Jonathan
01-01-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm buying it on a whim so there is no rush

Wish I had £770 to spend on a whim :redface: Does look worth it though...

i2i
02-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Just a quick vouch for fidia, i've dealt with him on numerous occasions with no problems whatsoever. Totally trustworthy and a great guy.

Robin Hewitt
17-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Arrived today and so well wrapped, got enough wood to heat the house for the rest of winter and about a pound of screws :eek:

I'm going to have fun with this, think I'll start with an ER16 collet chuck and a DC motor to hush it up a bit :naughty:

Lee Roberts
18-01-2011, 10:00 AM
think I'll start with an ER16 collet chuck and a DC motor to hush it up a bit :naughty:

Good stuff Robin, dont forget the pics !

Robin Hewitt
18-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Good stuff Robin, dont forget the pics !

The drive is a 100W open frame AC motor, not too noisy but has a bit of that ol' Black and Decker whine :naughty:

Tempted to fit a silent Ampflow E-150, as used by killer robot freaks...

http://www.active-robots.com/products/motorsandwheels/ampflow-motors.shtml

The spindle pulley has relective panels which convert to a voltage. That voltage is compared to a variable resistor poking out the back. The mains to the motor is then switched on or off using an opto isolated triac to set the speed.

I'm wondering if I could just divert the motor drive to a 400VA transformer, rectify it and call it DC for the Ampflow. Or, would it boil? It would need a monster cap to smooth it. Where's Irving? :smile:

I reckon replace the vee belt with a timing belt and aim for around 1000-> 2000 rpm. Don't think it will handle much over 3mm tooling, 5mm would be pushing it.

fidia
18-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi Robin

Glad the machine arrived OK. It was well packed alright but better to go with the overkill. It is a nice machine, pretty sturdy. I would have liked to change some of the components but just was busy running parts so never had the time. The yahoo group has alot of info and people who have added components and made fixtures.

I ran a 6mm bit on aluminum on a few programmes with the air cooling and it didn't have a problem as long as they are small cuts. It would be better with a timing belt and a flood coolant system but I used the air as I never thought I would get to fitting one.

Brian

Robin Hewitt
19-01-2011, 12:04 AM
I ran a 6mm bit on aluminum on a few programmes with the air cooling

Hi Brian

Your problem was in the motor speed control, the poor thing is stuck on top whack :eek:

I clocked it with the jolly old digi-tacho and it is doing 10,600 rpm. Air cooling? Liquid nitrogen might have been a better bet :rofl:

I cleaned the shaft encoder and the rpm display burst in to life. Still can't slow t'bugger down though because the speed control pot is worn out. Can't be bothered to replace it because I'm planning on reworking the speed control anyway.

Not complaining, I do this for fun. Best of all, it has passed wifely inspection as white goods and been approved for desk top use in the warm. My cup runneth over :smile:

best

Robin

minhas1986
15-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi Dear,
I bought used Roland PNC 3000 milling machine but i don.t know about it,s operating will you please guide me about it.

Best Regard,
Minhas

Robin Hewitt
15-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi Dear,
I bought used Roland PNC 3000 milling machine but i don.t know about it,s operating will you please guide me about it.
Best Regard,
Minhas

Hi Sweetie

Try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAMM-3/

I don't know. I tool one look at the command structure and decided to rewrite the BIOS.

best

Robin

fidia
26-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Hi

Unfortunately this machine has been sold a few months ago.