PDA

View Full Version : Software info

Web Goblin
07-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Hi all,
just wondering if anyone has experience of any software that has lettering built in for sign work. In the past I have drawn up the alphabet and numbers 0 to 9 in Autocad and it took quite a while and I really wouldnt like to have to do it again.

Regards

Ian

FatFreddie
07-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Try CamBam - http://www.cambam.co.uk

You get 40 goes free which is plenty to try it out

There's linear text support built in and a plugin for curved text (ArcText) have a look in the forum as well.

Mark

M250cnc
08-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Vectric has some software fit your application.

It has 30 day trials and has a very good reputation but I have never used it

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Web Goblin
09-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Had a look at Cambam and it seems ok but produces alot of lines of code. I will have a look at the vectric option and see what thats like.

Ian

M250cnc
09-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Had a look at Cambam and it seems ok but produces alot of lines of code. I will have a look at the vectric option and see what thats like.

Ian

Hi Ian i think what ever software use you use is gonna produce a lot of lines of code

Phil

Jonathan
09-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi Ian i think what ever software use you use is gonna produce a lot of lines of code

I've found that too. I'm guilty of it myself - when I wrote a program to calculate and cut he profile of wind turbine blades I just made it move in lots of straight lines. So much easier than arcs, more lines yes....but it doesn't make much difference if you use G64.