PDA

View Full Version : problem: y-axis only moves in one direction using TB6560 board off email

polysoul
15-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Hi there - firstly thanks for reading this!
I'm making a DIY cnc router using some Nema23's and a TB6560 board off ebay. Z and X axis work fine, but Y-axis will only travel in one direction. I've tested the y motor on the x output and it works fine so it's not the motor wiring. I've used the multimeter to confirm I get an output from the parellel port and cable on pin 3, which according to the rubbish manual I got with the board is the Y Dir output...

I can see only two options:

1. The manual is wrong and Pin 3 is not the Y-dir input to the board - can anyone confirm this or suggest a different pin?
2. My board doesn't work!

Regards,
Martin

Mad Professor
15-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Do you have the 3 or 4 axis board?

Also try swaping or reseating the optocouplers for that axis.

h4ppy-chris
15-01-2011, 11:18 PM
did you get it from savebase?

polysoul
16-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the replys - it's a 3 axis board I got off ebay. I'll try swapping the opto couplers as suggested.

polysoul
20-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Just for an update. I tried swapping my opto couplers around and the Y-axis TB6560 chucked its dummy out and popped! It now has a big crack in it. I've been corresponding with the supply who seem very helpful and have agreed to have it back and replace it with a new one. Fingers crossed the new one will work perfectly and I'm be able to continue :)

edge20
20-01-2011, 09:03 PM
I HAD THIS PROBLEM oops (caps lock) and found I had loaded the wrong motor direction output port. My Z axis was trying to dig a hole in the table as it would only go down. Stopped being excited about getting movement and reset to the correct port. As there are not many outputs and you will have used most of them it should not take too long

cheers

Graham

h4ppy-chris
20-01-2011, 09:32 PM
i did ask you a question but you ignored it!!!!

did you get it from savebase?

edge20
21-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Got it locally (New Zealand) appears to be same board as yours

polysoul
21-01-2011, 04:41 PM
i did ask you a question but you ignored it!!!!

I did reply mate...

Thanks for the replys - it's a 3 axis board I got off ebay. I'll try swapping the opto couplers as suggested.

XZSanta
08-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Do you have the 3 or 4 axis board?

Also try swaping or reseating the optocouplers for that axis.

Had to register just to tell the professor that this helped me out! THANKS!

/Mike