PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Kress collets

pistolknight
22-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Hi, due to the fact that i've just burnt out my Kress FME-1050 i now have some lightly used genuine Kress collets for sale. I don't really want to split them as i can't be arsed going to the post Office more than once.
The sizes are 3mm, 1/8", 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 1/4", and 8mm.
I will also chuck in the clamping nut too.
Open to offers.

Jonathan
23-01-2011, 02:40 PM
What happened to the Kress itself? Is it completely dead?

If you're getting rid of it then let me know. Might make a good conversion with brushless motor - which would also mean I'd buy your collets.

M250cnc
23-01-2011, 04:08 PM
What happened to the Kress itself? Is it completely dead?

If you're getting rid of it then let me know. Might make a good conversion with brushless motor - which would also mean I'd buy your collets.

I have seen a thread on the Zone about this and i think the bearings are trashed.

Phil

pistolknight
23-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Gold star to Phil! Yes, the bearings are trashed. For those who don't follow the Zone - the bearings seized and caused the motor to overheat and melt it's insulation. Big molten mess. The unit had only done 250-300hrs of light machining. I refuse to replace it. I've now bought one of the chinese spindles from DHgate. So, in answer to Jonathan, yes you can have all the parts of my old Kress if you buy the collets. I'm looking for £65 all in.