PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello Forum from Lincolnshire

Minnican
09-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi

I'd like to introduce myself to the forum.

I'm based in Boston in Lincolnshire and been working as a nurse for the last 20 years. I've now reached a point in my life where I want to start working for myself and have seen a CNC router in use in a successful home business in the past. I was truly suprised at what these machines can produce and I figure that if one person can be successful then there's nothing but hard work stopping me from doing the same.

However, I have no experience in using CNC machines or any experience of CAD software so I thought this would be the place to start for helpful advice to get through the myriad of problems I will encounter.

I'm looking forward to being accepted as part of this community, or am I being presumptuous!

Regards.

irving2008
09-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Hi there and welcome to the site. There's plenty of experience and help here to guide you. Obviously running a CNC for business is different from running it for a hobby, not least because reliability and downtime become important. But a little ingenuity and a lot of self-belief go a long way, and we have several members who do run businesses based on CNC. So ask away in the appropriate forums and good luck!

Minnican
09-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Thank you very much!

cooliced
09-02-2011, 01:19 PM
hello and welcome,

enjoy the forum