PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Now Available

Lee Roberts
23-02-2011, 01:29 PM
For those of you who use 7, Service Pack 1 is now available from the windows update servers, Microsoft announced the availability (http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2011/02/09/announcing-availability-of-windows-7-and-windows-server-2008-r2-sp1.aspx) yesterday.

They had released the final release to OEM on February 9, then MSDN customers, Technet subscribers and volume licensing customers on February 16.

This is the first service pack for Windows 7 and is Microsoft’s fastest selling os, it also includes updates that were previously available through the windows update system. Service pack 1 features client-side support for RemoteFX and Dynamic Memory, these are both two new virtualization features in Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

However no bells and whistles on this service pack!, it is to patch Windows 7 with all known bugs since the OS debut in October of 2009. Gartner (http://blogs.gartner.com/brian-gammage/2009/10/27/drivers-and-inhibitors-for-windows-7-adoption-in-the-market-annette-jump/), an analyst company said that mainstream adoption of windows 7 by enterprise customers will not start until 2011, as it usually takes 12-18 months for companies to prepare for a new OS deployment and ensure they have the correct ISV support before going "live".

Microsoft announced record revenue of US$19.95 billion for the second quarter of 2010, this included US$1.71 billion deferred revenue from the Upgrade Option and sales prior to general availability in 2009. With over 300 million Windows 7 licenses sold and Windows 7 now running on over 20% of all PC's connected to the internet.

I've been running windows 7 since the early beta days, i have to say i'm really impressed with it, i cant think of a single problem i have had and for me its just worked "out of the box". Even with the known bugs being present, the system has been totally stable for me so i look forword to seeing how good it is once SP1 is installed.

I use my main PC for quite a diverse range of things and as i said above its been great for me, is anyone else here using 7 and what are your findings?

Lee

cooliced
23-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Yup i use Windows 7 on the netbook and it rocks, can not complain at all.

I update mine on a weekly basis (wed) along with all apps too.

Stu

leaveme
24-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Windows 7 defenitely is the best OS I ever used. I use is it both at my work and home. My home PC is a bit out dated but it still rocks with Windows 7!

AdCNC
25-02-2011, 01:29 AM
I dual boot with 7 Ultimate and Mac OSX both have there qualities but i personally think OSX has the edge as far as stability goes!

(just my thoughts)

CLAYTON
25-03-2011, 06:30 AM
I am using windows XP , which is working well . What are the features of Windows 7 service pack that are not available in Windows XP ? . Your suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks

CLAYTON
25-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Dear Moderator , Please suggest me some features of windows 7 service pack 1 .I will definitely use the it very soon and how I can get it .

black5f
01-04-2011, 10:52 PM
On the whole I am very impressed, certainly a lot faster: deja vu XP, no doubt by the time we get to SP3, it'll be bloated and slooowww! SP1 though has a beta version of winusb and suddenly certain cameras (canon, sony etc) are no longer recognised as imaging devices! With 180pcs and cameras, this is a bit of an issue!