PDA

View Full Version : Help with X3 mill and XML files

Eugene
09-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi,
I have a X3 mill bought from Arc Euro and converted to CNC with a kit.
I recently had to change the C11G BOB and Arturo sent me one that is Version 8.
The problem that I have is that the board needs a new xml program to run and I have been trying for a long time to get the machine running, with no luck.
The enable led is lit but the machine will not run.
Can someone supply a novice with the correct xml program.

m_c
09-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Have you tried the sample xml file from http://cnc4pc.com/Files/C11G_REV8_2.xml ?

Eugene
09-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Have you tried the sample xml file from http://cnc4pc.com/Files/C11G_REV8_2.xml ?

Thanks for the reply, and yes I have tried the sample file from CNC4PC. That will not work, although the enable light on the board is lit. I think that there must be something that I am missing, such as the inputs to the board, do they have to be set to 0 or 5v?
Regards.
Eugene.

m_c
09-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Do you know what version your old board was?
If you do, I'll have a quick read of the manuals, and see what differences there are, and what might be causing the problem.

Also, why did you need to change the board?

Eugene
09-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Hi again,
The old board was the original version 1, the reason that I had to change the board was that a 'friend' tried to get the spindle motor working and shorted out the board and also the speed board,!!
Thais again for your offer of help.
Eugene.

audioandy
10-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi Eugene

If you view the XML file you can see what what pin numbers are being used for the motors, make sure they match the way Arc Euro wired the board in the first place.

Are you using Mach?

Andy

i2i
10-03-2011, 06:05 PM
did you manage to site your mill eventually.

Eugene
10-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Yes I have managed to relocate the mill it's in a garage in Radyr now, but I still cannot get it working. I know that you are very busy, and that you cannot spend any time with me but if I send you the XML file could you please tell me how to correct it, so that so that the machine will run
Thanks for your time.
Best wishes,
Eugene.

Eugene
10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi
I am using Mach 3, and the pin numbers in the program correspond with the connections on the outputs. The enable led is lit,but Mach 3 gives a message saying that the emergency mode is active, and I cannot clear it.

audioandy
10-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Eugene

Can you copy and post your machine XML file that you are using at the moment and all your pin connections from your BOB to your motors etc.

Andy

m_c
10-03-2011, 11:16 PM
If emergency mode can't be cleared, then I'm guessing the issue is with the E-stop circuit/configuration.

Best option is audioandy's suggestion, so we can have a look.

i2i
11-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Yes I have managed to relocate the mill it's in a garage in Radyr now, but I still cannot get it working. I know that you are very busy, and that you cannot spend any time with me but if I send you the XML file could you please tell me how to correct it, so that so that the machine will run
Thanks for your time.
Best wishes,
Eugene.organise a day and i will pop up and sort it out again for you, but it'll have to be after Monday.

Eugene
11-03-2011, 04:58 PM
That is wonderful, can you really spare the time? I would be most grateful if you could do it just this once, as the machine is beginning to drive me nuts.any day after Monday is OK. Please let me know when you can make it.
Very best wishes,
Eugene.

Eugene
12-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Thank you to everyone who has offered to help me. But the member i2i lives in my area and he has very kindly offered to visit me. This is outstanding generosity as he is busy setting up his business, ad it is the second time he has done this, due to my carelessness

i2i
12-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Tuesday looks good, is there a time that's good for you.

Eugene
12-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi,
Tuesday will be fine. If you give me your address I will come and pick you up
Is 1.00 pm OK for you? If it is not please give me a time to suit you.
Regards.
Eugene.

i2i
12-03-2011, 01:01 PM
yes 1pm is fine, i'll pm you my address.