PDA

View Full Version : RFQ: Looking for member with water cutting ability

m.marino
15-03-2011, 12:12 PM
I am looking for a member with water jet cutting ability as I have a gasket that I need cut in mid size numbers (between 500 and 1000) and I have quotes from some professional groups. I would like to help out a fellow small firm if they can match cost for me (notice I did NOT say beat, you got to eat too). Anyone interested please contact me and will forward the dxf file of the part and we can see what is possible. The material would be .4 to .6 mm gasket paper. Michael

M250cnc
16-03-2011, 04:19 PM
I am looking for a member with water jet cutting ability as I have a gasket that I need cut in mid size numbers (between 500 and 1000) and I have quotes from some professional groups. I would like to help out a fellow small firm if they can match cost for me (notice I did NOT say beat, you got to eat too). Anyone interested please contact me and will forward the dxf file of the part and we can see what is possible. The material would be .4 to .6 mm gasket paper. Michael

Wouldn't water damage/swell the paper ?

Laser maybe ?

Phil

m_c
16-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Depends on what gasket material he's using.

Typically gaskets are either cut using a vinyl cutter, or are stamped.

M250cnc
16-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Depends on what gasket material he's using.

Typically gaskets are either cut using a vinyl cutter, or are stamped.

He does say paper, my dad used to work for a company that made gaskets Cork Manufacturing Company in Chingford

Has been a superstore complex for years now. :cry:

There was cork everywhere in our house. :naughty:

Phil

adambrum
18-03-2011, 07:04 PM
I cant do them myself but i can put you in touch with companys that can .

Im a service engineer for one of the waterjet manufactures, Cant say which one because of corperate policys about posting on forums.

Send me a message if your interested

R Dawson
22-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Mario

Please contact me at William Johnston & Co in Glasgow (0141 620 1666). We have been cutting gasket for 60+ years so should be able to help

Regards

Robert Dason

chinawaterjet
06-07-2011, 04:23 AM
Hello Marino,

Why not buy a water jet cutting machine to cut it all by yourself? It is suitable for all kinds of cutting.
Besides, you are able to operate on new cutting request.

m.marino
06-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks but already found a solution that did not require using or getting a water jet cutting machine.