PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New Member. Greeting from South Africa

Les Bidgood
30-03-2011, 02:37 PM
I am a retired engineer that spent his life in the South African Industry. After retiring I decided to learn how to properly use my maximat lathe that I had purchased in my youth. I have subsequently built a CNC router out of scrap alluminium that I was able to find and am now struggling with the Chinese TB6560 PCB. I have undertaken most of the mods suggested on CNC Zone and will be starting more detailed debugging in the near future.

Being retired you would think I had all the time in the world. Strangely I am more busy now than when fully employed. Most jobs now have to wait their turn. My weakness is far too many interests and this causes me to lose focus and be sidetracked too often

black5f
01-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Hi mate. I dream about retiring but I've got about 30 years worth of projects stacked up in the garage right now and at this rate, retirement is still 16 years away! No experience with this card but a quick google revealed some weaknesses.
tom

Les Bidgood
02-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Hi Tom,

Hang in there. Retirement will be there before you think. Thans for the response.
Les

black5f
02-04-2011, 04:44 PM
No probs, cheers and good luck Les.

Tom