PDA

View Full Version : Solidworks to DXF lost in transltion.

Kai
03-04-2011, 02:08 AM
I have just spent a couple of days on a solidworks drawing (still learning hence the time spent) then saved it as a DXF. I opened it in solidworks DXF viewer and hell it looked so bad. Yet in solidworks it looks good hell it looke great.
Is there any thing I shoould know about this to prep before the save as ?

Any thoughts or rambling would be nice folks.

kelef
03-04-2011, 11:27 AM
hi'ya kai, see att. zips SW & dxf, drawn and exp. to dxf with SW 2010, post or pm me the file and I can see what's up :dance: kelef

M250cnc
03-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Maybe two pictures would be good so others can see what you see.

In my program i have to EXPORT not SAVE AS is that an option for you.

Phil

Kai
04-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Ok will try to get two images of this for you all to see(also will add files)
Below are the pic of the dxf and the screen shot of solidworks.
There are also the two files in raw state DXF and SLDPRT
I have previewed this only so not sure how pics will look!

M250cnc
04-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Kai i did try a video but the free version video program Jing only allows 5 mins recording time so not enough time to give a demo.

It does look a bit rough in DFX form, there are only 2 radii on the end that is the blend from the angle to the parallel bit at the front and the little bump further down all the rest are straight lines.

Have you got a dimensioned drawing i could then draw it for you

You should set the front face on the Z zero line you have it about 2/5ths down

To produce code i would need to know what size cuts for roughing and finishing plus spindle speed and the feed rate you want to use

Phil

M250cnc
05-04-2011, 04:32 PM
I have uploaded a video of part of the process of producing a tank barrel using OneCNC its only 5 minutes so its just a taster i did this in a new thread here.

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showthread.php/3330-User-demo-of-OneCNC-Cad-Cam

Phil

Kai
08-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Is there anyone on here who has tried solidcam?
I have requested and been sent a demo copy. Strange thing is there is very little if any help for it in the demo pack.
I have watched the solid prof vids and the milling seems ok even go so far as to say easy withing solidworks.
The turning on the other hand is not or that is my finding. The video on solidcams site is blurred and half done at the start so you do not get to see much of the set up.
One of the main things I am looking to do is turning small parts on the whole and so far I am strugling with it.
Does anyone have any guides manual etc for solidcam please only for the turning side of it I have the milling manuals.